Robert Cheeke's Journal - 3 contests in 4 weeks!

Dude heading to bed as well. Applied for the teller position over here 1/2 mile from the house. Let's hope he is able to get me in.

Amazing training with you today all day in Corvallis. The Coop there is a.w.e.s.o.m.e.

More than anything, it rocks having a dedicated training partner to train with and the I am loving the partner assisted exercises. Legs tomorrow with a side of legs?

I'll post a journal update for me tomorrow with pics and all

I hope to get some good sleep as well as you know i barely slept also for diff reasons but still it stinks.

Hope to get a tire and a pull sled soon; will be some good cross training.

rest up budday

LnG

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I trained biceps today....within 3 minutes of arriving at the gym there were 4 forum members and none of them were Tasha, Lean and Green or thendanisays like usual.

So that was cool to see a bunch of forum members upon my arrival.

Like the last couple of days, I'm busy as hell....busier than I want to be and busier than I can keep up with.

I still want to log my leg workout, my chest workout and tonight's biceps workout but I'm running low on time....it's almost 2AM and I'm still packing for L.A. I'm hitting the gym in the morning before I fly out.

I still haven't missed a workout, just been so busy, I can't keep up very well.

But basically leg workout was 2.5 hours on my 29th birthday (March 2nd) and I did Leg extensions, lying leg curls, hack squats, squats with a 45 plate against my chest, calf presses and cardio for 30 minutes or so.

My chest workout was incline dumbbell press up to 100's, flat dumbbell presses up to 100's, decline bench press 225 for all sets, flat bench press 225 just one set, narrow grip press 135 for one set, peck dec for 4 sets, dips with as much as 70 lbs hanging from me for like 10 sets, over 100 push-ups, etc.

Tonight was biceps..real quick recap:

Alternating bicep curls

22.5s x 12

27.5s x 12

30s x 10

35s x 10

40s x 10

Hammer Curls

50s x 10

60s x 6

55s x 8

50s x 10

EZ Curl Bar curls

70 x 10

70 x 10

80 x 8

80 x 8

Hammer strength curls

60 x 15

70 x 12

70 x 12

70 x 12

70 x 12

Cable curls

5 sets, different weights

30 minutes cardio.

More packing and then wake up after about 4 hours of sleep and hit a back workout with my trainer Cesar and then get on the plane to L.A. and have a 10-hour day the next day in Anaheim and I'll see Vegan Essentials there and all kinds of other people (Brendan Brazier, Tonya Kay, Ani Phyo, and many more) = pumped.

Great week of training...just so busy these days!

RC

The second you land you're gonna be money, so money. All your homies, you love LA, etc, etc. Wish could be there with ya.

I doubt i'll see you in the am. I prob wont get to the gym until around 10amish. I'll hopefully see you, if not, i'm sure we'll be in touch.

Nice work yesterday. We all have our setbacks my friend. I would have loved nothing more than to train tonight. But i have psycho neighbors and a house that can't be unattended and other stuff to do. etc etc.

Get at em out there. Nice dedication tonight and tomorrow am. You just may be working harder this week then me but i'm going to attempt to finish out strong

Going to miss my training partner. It's motivating to train with you. Partner assisted stuff doesn't work sans partner.

take it out yo pocket and throw it...........

Yeah, that partner training has been really good. I'm gone for pretty much the entire month of March (L.A., Seattle, Gainesville, and D.C.) one of the reasons I'm so busy and stressed and will be training and dieting the whole time.

Here are some recent pics (from yesterday).

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/Bodybuilding%20Photos/rob13.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/Bodybuilding%20Photos/rob14.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/Bodybuilding%20Photos/rob15.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/Bodybuilding%20Photos/rob16.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/Bodybuilding%20Photos/rob17.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/Bodybuilding%20Photos/rob18.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/Bodybuilding%20Photos/rob19.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/Bodybuilding%20Photos/rob20.jpg

I've been listening to this lately to try to stay positive with all the stress that life brings

And this for Lean and Green:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKtZF-Mxv2I

I slept for about 2 hours and 20 minutes and then hammered out a back workout with my trainer.....

Pull-ups

Deadlifts

T-Bar rows

Some cable and machine exercises....gotta go catch a plane.......yeah buddy!

Sorry the journal isn't as detailed, I actually feel bad about it..........I'm just so busy and have so much to do before leaving town.......

YB

RC

I've been listening to this lately to try to stay positive with all the stress that life brings

I love this song/video.

Great training with you this morning as always RC

Have a free and safe trip. I'll see you when you get back.

Oh and I few motivational quotes to pass your way.

Excellence is not a word. Excellence is a way of life.‏

"If you view all the things that happen to you, both good and bad,

as opportunities, then you operate out of a higher level of consciousness."

~ Les Brown

Edited by Tasha

Step one Land:

Step two: Train

Step three: Speak at a presentation

Step four: Tan

Step 5: Train

Step 6: talk to people for 10-15 min

Step 7: Sleep

Step 8: make sure you're eating between steps 1-7

Step 9: Fly out at the end of the tour

Step 10: rinse and repeat and come home to add WASH cycle!

My 10 steps to success. You'll be awesome out there; do your thing budday!

I'll miss ya. We'll all miss ya. Hopefully you packed the perfect pushups and think of us when you're ripping it up with them....

Yeah, that partner training has been really good. I'm gone for pretty much the entire month of March (L.A., Seattle, Gainesville, and D.C.) one of the reasons I'm so busy and stressed and will be training and dieting the whole time.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/Bodybuilding%20Photos/rob20.jpg

Dude ya gotta eat more Pro B's. You'll get ripped.

I trained this morning before work in L.A.

Shoulder workout at the gym with Brendan Brazier.

Tomorrow at the gym with Ryan Wilson (Vegan Essentials).

Today's workout:

Stair Stepper for 20 minutes

Lateral raises

15s x 25

15s x 20

15s x 20

15s x 15

Front raises

15s x 15

15s x 12

15s x 12

Rear delt raises

15s x 15

15s x 15

15s x 15

15s x 15

Overhead barbell presses

95 x 6

95 x 6

95 x 6

95 x 6

Straight bar presses

80 x 10

80 x 10

70 x 12

70 x 12

70 x 12

Shrugs

80s x 15

90s x 12

95s x 12

100s x 10

95s x 10

Worked all day.....saw lots of people in the vegan industry at Natural Products Expo West including Vegan Essentials and tons of other people.

I LOVE Southern California....as man know, for the past 3 years I've been meaning to move here but could never afford it....of course I still can't afford it now, but it's something I dream about and work towards. I also saw Rory Freedman today (Author of Skinny Bitch) and she's cool.

bvp663 and others are here too.

Good time and have a long day tomorrow and Sunday and will train of course and have fun working, networking, etc. over the next few days and for the next week before returning home.

Time to eat a bit more and go to bed.

YB

I trained with VeganEssentials last night!

We were both totally tired but at 10:30PM (on the night clocks went forward an hour) we busted it out and didn't leave until just before 12:30AM (1:30AM).

It was YEARS in the making. I've been in touch with VeganEssentials (Ryan Wilson) for about 5 years now and for the past 3 years we've talked about training together while in L.A. at an event we attend every year. Well, last night, we made it happen!

We trained back and shoulders....let me tell you.....VeganEssentials is a beast! He was tossing around a 120-pound dumbbell like it was a toy....I was commenting on that in the gym while he was training...he made it all look so easy! He used heavier weights for exercises, the only one that was the same weight was the 120's for one-arm dumbbell rows but he was doing 12-20 reps for all set (heaviest dumbbells they had or else I'm sure he would have used 150's or higher) and I used 120 for my final set for only 4 reps on one arm and 5 on the other.

It was so much fun training with Ryan and I can't wait to do it again! His arms are around 20 inches his back and block out the sun and his chest is massive like the front of a 1970's car. He's just a monster with a lot of muscle and strength and is one of the nicest, most genuine and most generous guys on the planet.

My workout went like this (he did heavier weights and some extra exercises I didn't do, while I did a few he didn't do towards the end...we did our own thing but for 75 minutes of the 90+ min we trained directly together, same exercises.

Lots of lateral and front raises to warm-up, overhead presses and arm circles.

One Arm Dumbbell Rows

75 x 12

85 x 10

100 x 10

120 x 5 (recent personal best)

Pull-downs

120 x 20

135 x 15

150 x 12

180 x 10

195 x 10

superset 120 x 20

Bent-over rows

135 x 15

155 x 12

175 x 10

175 x 10

195 x 7

195 x 7 (recent personal best, though not lifetime PB)

Machine rows

120 x 15

130 x 12

145 x 10

160 x 8

Shoulder press machine

65 x 10

80 x 10

80 x 10

95 x 8

Cable rows

135 x 12

135 x 12

That was it.

I got two recent personal best lifts and that was encouraging. It was my 6th day in a row training on my 3rd day in L.A. so I'm super consistent and didn't miss a day of training in L.A. yet! Today is a scheduled rest day though I still carried heavy things and walked many blocks carrying them...so much stress that I had to set them down a few times, change grip, etc.

I'm on it!

Now, it's Muscle Beach and Venice Gold's the rest of the week!

Thanks again VeganEssentials!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are the man!

Dips

Bodyweight x 20

Bodyweight x 20

Bodyweight x 20

Bodyweight x 20

Bodyweight x 20

Loprinzi's has a dip belt if ya want to cut down on sets/reps and add weight.

Also they've got these things there:

http://place-an-ad.ajc.com/photos/0009/1738/armblaster2.jpg

I just started doing curls again recently and I've been using that for some. Kind of fun.

Keep up the hard work bro.

Yeah buddy.

-a

Thanks....check this guy out!

VeganEssentials.....biggest, strongest, nicest vegan lifter I know!

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/Bodybuilding%20Photos/expowest12.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/Bodybuilding%20Photos/expowest13.jpg

R.C. IMPORTANT. please go to page one in your journal, click edit and update you amount of weeks out. It should reflect current time away from comp, dont'cha think? i'll text jimi tomorrow and remind him as well.

Thanks....check this guy out!

VeganEssentials.....biggest, strongest, nicest vegan lifter I know!

FO SHO! It's enough reason to move to Wisconsin and work with him. I still think about it but i'm set here and love it

Perhaps one day but we have to forum to interact. Ryan you rock, it was amazing meeting you last oct and I always appreciate you blog/kindness/generosity/over all awesomeness, need i go on

RC p. pushups. you like em, did you take em'? Curious. Glad you been training hard. The second upper back workout for me went well. Can't wait for you to get back. We're taking washer out dancing for a NAWICE cardio session and i;m not taking no for an answer. YB! Do i have to post the closing down the club video from vv08? Don't make me go there Did I already?

Hey, Robert!

It was great to finally get to train with you - I just wish I didn't feel like falling over dead for most of our session, but otherwise, it was a real treat to finally get to spend some time in the gym and do our thing We'll definitely have to make it a regular get-together every year we're at the Expo, and next time, I'll be better rested before we hit the weights. I swear, I felt like someone installed a sprinkler system in my forehead that day, because when we were done, I was dripping sweat non-stop for a solid 45 minutes. Congrats on the PRs you set that night, by the way - for anyone that hasn't had the opportunity to train with Robert, he definitely puts in everything he's got and hits it hard when it comes to training. I watched a few sets of rows where I thought he was pretty well fried, only to see him catch his breath and knock out 2-4 more reps like it was no problem at all before he was too worn out to go on. He's definitely got a lot of heart in his training, and he's in the best shape I've seen him in yet, so watch out for the day he gets on stage because I think he's going to turn some heads!

And for you, L&G, Robert couldn't stop raving about how great your progress has been, too, so I'm excited as heck for you guys and Jimi to go out there and show 'em what it's all about. You're all extremely inspiring, and I look forward to watching these final weeks of prep work for the big day!

Definitely a great time Saturday night, and I'm already looking forward to training with Robert next year

Thanks Ryan!

Let's train more often!

I'm training at Muscle Beach today and then Gold's Venice later this week. I'm networking out here, finding more support for our contest and getting some good training and good eating in.

I can't wait for Vegan Vacation IV in L.A.

I love this place!

Hey, Robert!

Congrats on the PRs you set that night, by the way - for anyone that hasn't had the opportunity to train with Robert, he definitely puts in everything he's got and hits it hard when it comes to training. I watched a few sets of rows where I thought he was pretty well fried, only to see him catch his breath and knock out 2-4 more reps like it was no problem at all before he was too worn out to go on. He's definitely got a lot of heart in his training...

Man, when RC and myself lifted at 11pm last summer I was doing really high reps at the time and would to 30-50 on skull crushers and other exercises and he would do about 40-50 and fatigue catch his breath and then crank out another 20-25. I was just like "holy crap dude.. slow it down!." He did more than what I wanted to do. He's the man!! Ryan, Youre a big dude!!

Thanks guys!

After my scheduled 2 days rest from 6 consecutive days of hard training, I trained for 3.5 hours today in Venice at Muscle Beach! 1 hour was basketball and 2.5 hours were lifting.

I LOVE it out here! I say this everytime I visit!

I'm out here networking, fundraising, working, training, etc. and it's going well.

Today I trained a bunch of muscle groups:

Biceps

Triceps

Back

I'll hit up legs, chest and shoulders asap too. I did a bit of abs and 4 or 5 sets of lateral raises.

It went like this:

Basketball in the sun for 1 hour.

Lateral raises:

20 x 15

20 x 15

20 x 15

20 x 15

20 x 15

Bicep curls

20s x 15

20s x 15

30s x 10

30s x 10

40s x 7

40s x 6

Hammer Curls

40s x 10

40s x 8

40s x 10

40s x 8

Pull-ups

Bent-over rows

135 x 15

135 x 12

135 x 10

135 x 10

135 x 10

T-bar row

50 x 15

85 x 12

85 x 10

85 x 10

5 sets of other back machine rows

Dips

I also did a couple of sets of incline bench press with 135

More pull-ups

Hanging leg raises

I also did 180 push-ups, and will do 20 more before bed.

In total it was about 3.5 hours. I did some posing and flexing as well

Then I went over to Eko Zone (rocks!) and then to Seed and had dinner.

Working hard and having fun these days....and now I have a sun burn all over since I only wore little blue shorts at the gym today.

RC

A few updated pics....watch out for those legs!

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/Bodybuilding%20Photos/venice3.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/Bodybuilding%20Photos/venice1.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/Bodybuilding%20Photos/venice9.jpg