Octopussoir's '09-'10 BB'ing Competitions

I got up early and hit the gym for some cardio yesterday. I ran/fast walked 2 miles on treadmill with 5% incline. Did some lighter leg presses, and then jogged indoor track for 1/2 a mile. Nothing fancy...

Today, I will be doing some chest and back and some abs.

Training seems to be going well. I had like 4-5 probars yest within a 4 hour period(thanks RC!). Eating is going to get cleaner. Stomach leaning out again, but I dont want to cut out everything right now. I need my tan back. Its depressing to see my white muscles in the mirror compared to what they looked like right before comp. Maybe Ill just use protan on the weekends...haha.

Edited by Octopussoir

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Went to gym. Started with

Incline DB's:

55x15

65x10

75x10

85x8x2sets

100x5x2sets

Incline Flyes:

20x20

30x15x2sets (delts started burning)

Dips:

15repsx5 sets

1 Arm Rows:

60x10

70x10

85x10x2 sets

Seated cable rows:

150x10

175x10

210x10

250x10x2sets

150x10

Hammerstrength Lat Machine:

90lbs each handle x10 x3sets (nice and slow)

Machine Flyes:

165x15x3esets

210x10x2 sets

Lat Pulldowns:

150x10x3 sets

205x10x2sets

Pushups(1 hand on medicine ball one on ground)X 50

Pullups x5 x 5sets

BB front raise:

Barx10x2sets

Machine Chest Press:

100x15

150x10

200x10

100x15

After an hour and a half I hit the Treadclimber at max treadles 3.0mph for 30 minutes.

Chest and Back: 1.5hours

Treadclimber Cardio: 30minutes

Then I came home. Had 2 scoops SunWarrior in unsweetened vanilla almond milk and walked my Pomeranian for 1.25miles and then grabbed my chihuahua and walked him for 1.25miles. Then had me some more Sunwarrior.

Today I ate some oatmeal in almond milk w/ a handful of (dehydrated strawberries, soy nuts, almonds, cranberries, raisins) mix. Then all I had was some SunWarrior(chocolate, not my favorite...vanilla is!) and then did bootcamp.

When I came home I had some Probars waiting on me to tear in to!! So I did. Had 2 bars. Had some Vega and went pool side for an hour and a half.

Came back home had another Probar, Vega, and some watermelon and pineapple.

Went to the gym for legs. Warmed up for 10min on Precor. 19% incline on level 10.

BB Squats: 135x10x2sets, 185x10, 205x5, 225x5x2sets, 250x3x2sets

Leg Press machine(not the free weight one): 150x10, 190x10, 230x10, 330x10

1 set of lunges with 25plate each hand 11 steps each way(coming back I did a 2 pump)

I did some MB TOSS UPS on the floor for 30reps

and ran just 1/2 mile on indoor track.

I felt a side stitch in each side as I was running. Thought it would be a good time to leave even though I didnt push myself hard enough with the weights. I felt tired and not enough carbs to go all out like I was planning on doing. Maybe Ill make up for it and do some more legs tomorrow at the gym when I have more solid food in me besides protein powder.

I feel like just sleeping right now with the computer in my lap...lol. I sleepy. Damn Bright, Hot sun and pool!!!!!!

@Robert: Yeah leg Press is back up to 10 plates each side and Im still squatting 250lbs parallel for 5 or less. Im trying to increase that number to about 8 or so perfect form and low until I move up any.

Yesterday I had a kickasss workout! I went in there busted balls and got SWOL. As I was walking by someone I heard, "Man, look at his veins!" Loved it. Anyway, I went in to do arms and ended up doing some chest with arms...lol.

warmed up for 10min on treadmill 10% incline at just 3.0mph

**In no particular order**

Did flat DB went all the way up to 100's(felt light)

2 handed kickbacks

behind head xtns

dips

ying tri xtns

bicep machine

cable curls

concentration curls

close grip pullups

MB Toss Claps (medieval bastard is what its supposed to be called)

did 10min treadmill 5min 5%incline and 5min 10%incline

Today I should be doing quads and delts and some abs... another dentist visit too

yeah having a tan ruins my goth look anyway.
I am also usually pasty white. It sucks.

But at least we won't look like old leather when we're older? Or at least that's what I tell myself.

Pasty white is cool. I guess for women it highlights your make up and for me well... when I put my fake tan on I instantly look leaner, reducing the need for extra cardio. It's a win-win

Octo you have a monster back, those weights for the cable rows are heavy!

I ran on the treadmill for 15min and walked fast on 5%incline for 15minutes and then played basketball with an 11yr old boy and a woman who used to play for North Carolina... lets just say it was amusing.... I did lots of running for an hour.

1.5hours total of cardio and 75 hangining knee raises(no slings)

PM workout: Went heavy on:

B.O. BB Rows

seated cable Rows

Lat Pulldown

DB 1 arm Rows

Pullups

wasnt there too long tonight, got tired from low carbs/heavy weight. Had 3 rice cakes in between sets. No Buddy!

There isn't NO in Buddy

Did you get my request ?

I heard it so much in Phoenix, I started replying with No Buddy!

Did not get your marriage proposal!

I went to pool at 9:20am and didnt leave until 12:30pm.

I went to gym today at 2:30pm for legs. Warmed up on Precor for 15minutes. I did leg XTN's and then some walking lunges: 10's, 20's, 35's, 50's, and then 60lb DB's. My heart rhythm was off today during workout. Did not feel good. Think I had too much time in the sun today. worked out for about an hour and talked to a guy for about an hour. The I went to the pool again at 5pm and stayed til 6pm. Barely got in the pool. Mostly just laid out and got mad sun! Now Im sun-tired. If youre out a lot at the lake or pool you know what Im talking about!