The hill that killed me.

I climbed a little hill today. Yup... I did it... Just barely! I was panting and sweating through my shirt. I came to the realization that i should add in some cardio or as powerlifters call it, GPP.

I train 3-4 days a week, lifting the heaviest weight i can handle. Always in the lower rep range with higher sets. I never do cardio. I've tried but can't last more then 4 minutes (due to boredom;)

I want to add in some GPP work on off days. What do you guys suggest? Please keep in mind I live on the 15 th floor, so wheel barrow pulls, sled drags etc. are kinda out of the question.

Thanks a lot.

The 15th floor? Run up the stairs - or run up a couple flights, walk up another one, run up a couple, etc. Hill sprints are also good, depending on the terrain near you. Barbell complexes, like what VeganEssentials frequently recommends, are very good as well.

I second the other recommendations, but just as well, you can get an extra bit of good cardio workout with just about anything if you drag it around with you. Find a nice rock that is challenging to carry for more than few hundred feet and haul it around for sets. Get a sandbag, put it in a backpack and walk those stairs a few times. Fill some water jugs with sand and carry them up and down some stairs. Anything where you're adding some resistance to what you normally would do is going to make everyday movements feel easier in time and increase your overall endurance. If you want some fun ideas, find a copy of the book Rock, Iron, Steel by Steve Justa. Plenty of ways to make a hard workout from common things in there - what I find most impressive is his story of working manual labor jobs while wearing a 100 lb. weighted vest for 8 hours/day. I can only imagine how easy everyday tasks felt after doing that for a few weeks once he adapted...