Relocation

aluck

So as of June I will be free to move about or go where I want to. Obviously, nothign in Wyoming!

My sister wants me to move to DC, then eventually to Atlanta with her.

My parents want me to move to Florida, Orlando area with them.

I'm seriously reconsidering San Diego, Portland, and Atlanta or Miami.

Any thoughts??? Only a few months to decide... Mostly depends where I can get a good job I guess... Anyone know places needing trainers?

So as of June I will be free to move about or go where I want to. Obviously, nothign in Wyoming!

My sister wants me to move to DC, then eventually to Atlanta with her.

My parents want me to move to Florida, Orlando area with them.

I'm seriously reconsidering San Diego, Portland, and Atlanta or Miami.

Any thoughts??? Only a few months to decide... Mostly depends where I can get a good job I guess... Anyone know places needing trainers?

I've lived in Atl for 6 years and DC for 5 years, and both are great. DC is more vegan-friendly, but Atl probably needs more trainers. It really depends on what you're looking for in a city and whether you can find work there.

I've been to all of those places.....very funny thing.....Orlando and D.C. are places I've wanted to relocate to and I already live in one of the best cities in the world (Portland).

I love Portland. San Diego is also a place I've considered, though right now I'm thinking of Venice, CA come fall 09.

It depends on what matters most....work, climate, family, etc.

You can factor in all of those things and find what is truly best.

Itll be this fall maybe earliest end of July... Next section of classes end july 22nd... but probably august or september if I do another session after that. It depend on where I transfer to and when their classes start, and of course when parole lets me leave..

I absolutely love Venice. RC - What do you think of Atlanta

I cant decide just yet.. I think Im going to start job scouting now... If I go to DC, itll be to move to Atlanta by the very end of 09 at the latest. If I go anywhere else beside Orlando itll be all about me... No ththat thats a bad thing, but its always strange moving somewhere knowing no one... Done it before though..

I lived in Georgia for 6 years and I loved it. I loved the weather, the trees, the people, and how easy it was to take day trips to get away. I lived in Valdosta, GA for 3 1/2 years. It was so nice to be close to Florida. I lived there because my husband was stationed at Moody AFB. The only downside to living in that part of the state was the palmetto bugs. However if you live in Florida, you will get all kinds of strange bugs there too. LOL

I then moved to Griffin, GA which was 10 miles from Atlanta Motor Speedway. It was small town living but close enough that I could be in Atlanta in 30 minutes or less. Again, I loved the weather! If it snowed it was very rare. I was able to travel to the mountains or the beach (ocean) in just a few hours. Savannah, GA is an amazing place to visit. I even considered living there. You have to go especially on St. Pattys day. I enjoyed Atlanta for all of the shopping and site seeing. I was living there at the time of the Olympics. I helped caterer a couple of Nascar events. In just two years time I was able to go to the Atlanta 500, Dahlonega, GA (mountains), Six Flags Atlanta, Braves game, Chicago Bulls verses the Hawks game, Stone Mountain park, plus several concerts. Atlanta is definitely a city that doesn't sleep much.

I was not vegan when I lived there so I really don't know much about the types of restaurants and food stores that would be beneficial to you. Georgia is big on BBQ and boiled peanuts. Anyone ever eat boiled peanuts? I could never force myself because they looked too slimy. Peanuts are a major crop for Georgia (along with cotton and tobacco).

Atlanta is definitely a city that doesn't sleep much.

Atlanta is the NYC of the south, minus a lot of the dirtbags.

Atlanta really is a hidden gem that will only grow and prosper in the new decade to come. I love the cultural vibe of the city. I've traveled extensively to most major US cities and the vibe and attitude of Atlanta is really among the best the US has to offer.

Writing this from Atlanta, GA right now.