Bone Spur-PLEASE HELP!

thendanisays

I have come to realize over the past few months, that i do not just have one foot slightly larger than the other, but i have a bone spur growing out of the joint where my big toe meets my foot. It hurts like hell. I dont know how this happened or what caused it. I've worked on my feet for 10 years and probably will for a long time coming. I dont know if thats the cause or what. but i do know that it hurts after i work all day. My shoe feels tight around it, so i'm thinking of just getting different shoes for now because there is no way in hell i can afford surgery for it. but i was wondering if anyone knew where they come from or how to stop them from growing.

anything anyone knows about them would be really helpful. Thanks Guys!!!

Get a plastic water bottle and fill it with water and freeze it and everytime you can roll your sore foot on it and ice it down for as long as you can. It will reduce the inflammation and it should feel a lot better. Also they make these gel inserts you can put in your shoes. they are awesome because then your not stepping on the sore part your stepping on the cushion. I wear earth shoes or sneakers whenever possible. Foot injuries are the worst because you can never really rest them so try to ice as much as possible. Good luck!

There is a nutritional theory that says arthritis, joint deterioration, and most osteo problems like spurs are caused by buffer salts. The theory says that culture has evolved in an unnatural way (contrary to our evolutionary nature) and we eat, with few exceptions, far more protein than our bodies are evolved to eat. Proteinaceous foods tend to acidify the body decreasing its ph to a level were enzymes and catalysts don'ty work well. The body restores balance by releasing calcium from the bones. The alkaline calcium bonds with the acids neutralizing them and restoring ph balance. Unfortunately, our bodies are not designed to remove a continuous onslaught of buffer residue and it accumulates over time lodging in the muscle tissues and joints causing joint, bone, and muscle problems (kidney problems too like stones.) Osteoporosis is also caused by the long term loss of calcium due to excess protein consumption.

The solution is to eat only low protein alkaline foods like raw fruit and green leafy vegetables-protein should not exceed 10% of daily calories. It is very unfortunate that many members of the body building community believe protein is harmless and even beneficial. Nothing could be furthur from the truth. A little bit goes a long way, and more is not better. I don't know if an alkaline diet can reverse an existing spur, but it will help prevent more in the future, and improve your overall health as well.

There is a nutritional theory that says arthritis, joint deterioration, and most osteo problems like spurs are caused by buffer salts. The theory says that culture has evolved in an unnatural way (contrary to our evolutionary nature) and we eat, with few exceptions, far more protein than our bodies are evolved to eat. Proteinaceous foods tend to acidify the body decreasing its ph to a level were enzymes and catalysts don'ty work well. The body restores balance by releasing calcium from the bones. The alkaline calcium bonds with the acids neutralizing them and restoring ph balance. Unfortunately, our bodies are not designed to remove a continuous onslaught of buffer residue and it accumulates over time lodging in the muscle tissues and joints causing joint, bone, and muscle problems (kidney problems too like stones.) Osteoporosis is also caused by the long term loss of calcium due to excess protein consumption.

The solution is to eat only low protein alkaline foods like raw fruit and green leafy vegetables-protein should not exceed 10% of daily calories. It is very unfortunate that many members of the body building community believe protein is harmless and even beneficial. Nothing could be furthur from the truth. A little bit goes a long way, and more is not better. I don't know if an alkaline diet can reverse an existing spur, but it will help prevent more in the future, and improve your overall health as well.

Get a plastic water bottle and fill it with water and freeze it and everytime you can roll your sore foot on it and ice it down for as long as you can. It will reduce the inflammation and it should feel a lot better. Also they make these gel inserts you can put in your shoes. they are awesome because then your not stepping on the sore part your stepping on the cushion. I wear earth shoes or sneakers whenever possible. Foot injuries are the worst because you can never really rest them so try to ice as much as possible. Good luck!

I will try this but it is mor on top of my foot than underneath it. I will hate it (because i am ALWAYS COLD!!!!) but its inhibiting my trainning now so i'm pissed. i can deal with crampy feet at work in dress shoes but not at the gym dammit. Thanks marystella!

ALso, and you probably already know this... you could go to a running shoe store and have someone analyze your stride for free, and recommend a good kind of shoe for you. (I need to do that myself.) It's not a podiatrist, but it's free

I've been meaning to do this actually, i'll definately try to go sooner rather than later. thanks for the reminder.

I'll keep this in mind. I do eat a high protein diet. but i know for a fact that this started looooooooooong before i started eating high protein foods at all, so i'm not sure if that is what is happening in this instance. i have been trying to make my diet more alkaline though lately. no more coffee. not more soda water, way more dark leafys and more raw fats. if nothing else it has given me better energy.

On a funny/shitty note, i actually cut holes in my work shoes today so that mmy bone spur (someone told me today that it may actually be a bunion. ?????) could poke through without pressure from the shoe. Did i mention that i am in charge of a 20 something person staff and am constantly interacting with customers? .....and i sliced my shoes open so my weird deformity could stick out of them all day. what can i say? I'm a class act.

The average American eats about 17% dietary protein. Bodybuilders sometimes eat 2 or 3 times that much. So even a "normal" diet greatly exceeds healthy protein amounts which helps explain the widespread joint, bone, and kidney problems. You were probably greatly exceeding healthy protein amounts even before you consciously started eating more of it. A 10% max protein diet is ALL raw fruit and green leafy veggies-fruit itself is about 5% protein so your half way there just from fruit. If you eat any significant amount of grain, legumes, dairy, and so on you will exceed 10% protein. There is even some evidence that 5 or 6 % protein is most healthy.

From what you've described it does sound a lot more like a bunion than a bone spur those are usually in the heel/underside of the foot. You should do some internet research on bunions and see what you come up with. You can also just use a bag of ice since it is on the top of your foot. keep a sock on when you ice and it won't be so bad. it still works. I hear ya though it isn't the most pleasant thing for sure. If you can get your hands on some earth shoes they might help you out since they are kinda boxy in the toes. good luck.

Zack

Colin Campbell talks about a 10% protein limit in the China Study and discusses the possibility that dietary requirements are as low as 5 or 6%. The World Health Organisation promotes a 10% limit. The Physicians Comm for Responsible Medicine promotes a low limit. And these are upper limits that give room for issues like bioavailability reduction due to cooking and so forth. I'd be very surprised if I average over 6% protein and at 48 I'm confident I'm in the top 5% of the population in pound-for-pound strength. Orangatanes (which are nearly identical to humans genetically) eat entirely fruit and greens and are 5 times as strong as humans pound for pound. I was talking to a Nutrition grad student a few months ago and he told me limiting protein intake is standard belief in formal nutrition education these days, though I'm not sure what upper limit he holds.

Building block requirements are far less than energy requirements. Protein is used to replace damaged cells or add material for growth which tends to be very slow compared to intake protein mass. And the body recycles up to 80% of discarded protein into its constituent amino acid building blocks and reuses them. Actual amino acid losses are very low. The vast majority of dietary calorie requirements are for energy conversion-to fuel locomotion, body heat, respiration, and so on. And of course, the only source of oxidation energy to the body is sugar-everything else must be digested to sugar before it can be burned.