2 sets with 20 lb barbell

Cardio: None. 90 min. bellydancing class in evening

Diet:

Pre-WO: shake, apple

Post-WO: shake with creatine, soy milk, and oats

Lunch: shake with berries and greens+, apple

Snack: luna bar

Snack: pb + banana

Supper: bbq tofu, corn on the cob, spinach salad, asparagus...then had two peanutbutter brownies *sigh*

Snack: sprouted toast and jam, soy milk

UGH! So the last two days I've been stressed and wasn't eating enough, then today my stress made me eat TOO much. I have a big report I hope to finish off this weekend so hopefully I'll get back to normal after that...

Anyway, for now I'm going to back off of counting calories. I have an idea of what proper portions and what-not I should be eating. I'm finding right now with being so stressed it's making me slip back into old habits re: obsessing about food and body fat and I really don't want to play that game again. So for now I'll just concentrate on eating healthy food and if my progress stalls I know just to eat less healthy food.

Good looking workout girl!!! Keep up the good work!! Diet looks pretty good as well!! That stress is a killer, I think that is a lot of my problem, having slot of stress here lately as well!! Just do what you know, and all will be good!! Just keepon inspiring me!!

me like

Anyway, for now I'm going to back off of counting calories. I have an idea of what proper portions and what-not I should be eating. I'm finding right now with being so stressed it's making me slip back into old habits re: obsessing about food and body fat and I really don't want to play that game again. So for now I'll just concentrate on eating healthy food and if my progress stalls I know just to eat less healthy food.
This seems like a good, well thought out idea. How are you gonna gauge progress for this... weight or measurements?

me like

Thought you might.

This seems like a good, well thought out idea. How are you gonna gauge progress for this... weight or measurements?

Well the rational side of me tells me I should ignore the scale and go with measurements and photos and the like and just ignore the scale. In fact I might ask my guy to go hide it somewhere in the basement. He uses it occasionally so I shouldn't just throw it out...

I just really don't like the slippery slope I'm on right now. I was doing good counting calories but the last week or so I've noticed old behaviours I don't like and I want to nip this in the bud.

I haven't trained the last two days as I was having some stomach/queasiness issues (no I'm not pregnant before anyone asks). But I was back at the gym today.

Saturday, June 27th:

Weights: Vertical Push/Pull & Abs

Push Press:

20 x 8

40 x 5

40 x 5

45 x 5

45 x 5

50 x 5

Arnold Press:

17.5 x 8

20 x 8

20 x 8

Negative Chins:

BW x 5

BW x 5

BW x 5

DB Pullover:

25 x 8

27.5 x 8

27.5 x 8

Weighted Stability Ball Crunches:

25 x 12

25 x 12

25 x 12

Cardio: HIIT on indoor track..did 12 (or 13? lost count) intervals of sprint/walk. It's actually cooler here today so I want to take advantage and go for a bike ride. The temperature is supposed to be high again tomorrow.

Diet:

Pre-WO shake, banana

Post WO shake with soy milk and creatine, Clif bar

"BLT" wrap, salad

watermelon

bagel

polenta rancheros with guacamole

orange

Sunday, June 28th:

Weights: Ham Dominant/Quad Accessory & Triceps

Deadlift:

45 x 8

90 x 5

90 x 5

90 x 5

90 x 5

90 x 5

When I go higher than 90 my form gets really bad...stupid hip flexors. I'm working on it though.

RDL:

45 x 8

105 x 8

105 x 8

105 x 8

DB Step-up:

20 x 12

20 x 12

20 x 12

Skullcrushers:

30 x 8

30 x 8

30 x 8

Cardio: None at the gym this AM. I'd like to go for a bike ride this evening and will try and work it in.

Diet:

pre-WO shake, banana

post-WO shake with soy milk and creatine

spelt muffin

leftover polenta rancheros, strawberies

watermelon, banana

apple

tofu omelet with faux chorizo, orange

cantaloupe smoothie

hardly any veggies today...oops!

Monday, June 29th:

Weights: None

Cardio: I was going to go for a run this morning but it is pouring rain and I'm too much of a whimp to go in the rain. I have yoga this evening, and when I get back I will do some workout DVDs that are mostly aerobics.

Diet:

smoothie with protein powder, greens+, banana, soy yogurt, soy milk, and berries

banana

smoothie with Vega, soy yogurt, greens+, and berries

bagel, cantaloupe

mango, orange

faux chorizo, cauliflower with nutritional yeast sauce

pineapple

Okay so that's a lot of fruit. I really need to get to the store to go buy some veggies. Perhaps tomorrow.

Okay so I didn't do yoga or DVDs yesterday...ended up getting a major headache. I took a nap and it subsided a little bit so then I spent the night scrubbing the kichen floor and washing counter tops.

Tuesday, June 30th:

The gym was so busy this morning! Part of the reason I go early in the AM is that it's not crowded and I don't have to wait for equipment...not the case this morning.

Weights:

Bench Press:

45 x 8

70 x 5

70 x 5

70 x 5

70 x 5

70 x5

Incline DB Press:

22.5 x 8

22.5 x 8

22.5 x 8

At this point I wanted to do rack pulls but all of the racks were taken so I did my ab work.

Captain's Chair:

BW x 12

BW x 12

BW x 12

Had to wait around for awhile for a rack to open up...there were other people waiting too so I didn't want to go do something else and lose my place in "line"

Rack Pulls:

45 x 8

135 x 5

135 x 5

135 x 5

135 x 5

135 x 5

These are really starting to help my grip...which is still weak but getting loads better.

I was supposed to do seated rows but two dudes were using the machine working in with each other (so there really wasn't a place for me to work in) so I did...

BB Rows:

45 x 8

50 x 8

50 x 8

Cardio: Didn't have time after waiting around for equipment and what-not. If it's not raining I will try to go for a walk or bike ride or something this evening.

Diet:

pre-WO shake

post-WO shake (with soy milk, greens+, berries, and flax); wheat bran with agave and raisins

orange, handful raisins

faux chorizo, mixed greens with vinaigrette, cherries

2 spelt muffins

tofu frittata, mixed greens with vinaigrette

watermelon

It's seitan that's steamed. Julie Hasson posted the method on her site awhile ago to make sausages that way. Then in Isa Moskowitz' new cookbook Vegan Brunch she changes the seasonings and what-not to make it spicy like chorizo. The steaming gives the seitan a chewier texture, I quite like it.

Julie Hasson's method is here: http://www.everydaydish.tv/index.php?page=recipe&recipe=109

Didn't go for a bike ride last night because the bf got home early (instead of this afternoon) so I hung out with him and heard all about his canoe trip.

Wednesday, July 1st:

Happy Canada Day!!!

Weights: None, gym closed for Canada Day

Cardio: Went for bike ride this morning after breakfast. I have no idea of the actual km's..I was out for about 50 minutes...then my butt got really sore and it was starting to rain.

Diet:

banana

tofu frittata

blueberry pancakes and tempeh sausage

pineapple, berry scone

grilled portobello, zucchini, eggplant, and tempeh on a sprouted bun, grilled asparagus, corn on the cob

strawberry shortcake

cherries, handful of banana chips

...and a couple of beers (hey, it's Canada day!)

Thursday, July 2nd:

Weights: Quad Dominant/Ham Accessory & Biceps

Squats:

45 x 8

85 x 5

85 x 5

95 x 5

95 x 5

95 x 5

DB Bulgarian Squats:

25 x 8

27.5 x 8

27.5 x 8

Static DB Lunge:

25 x 12

25 x 12

25 x 12

Weighted Hyperextension:

25 x 12

25 x 12

25 x 12

Standing Calf Raise:

165 x 8

165 x 8

180 x 8

21's:

1 set with 20 lb barbell, 1 set with 25 lb barbell

Cardio: None. I had the jelly legs after my workout. Plan on riding my bike to campus today and I have a 60 min. yoga class this evening.

Diet:

pre-WO shake

post-WO shake (with creatine, soy milk and greens+), oats mixed with wheat bran and agave

spelt muffin, orange

leftover grilled portobello and tempeh, orange, spelt muffin

nectarine

lentils, half of a sprouted bun, roasted broccoli, roasted kale, mixed greens with vinaigrette

pineapple, nectarine

cherries, some dried cranberries

I ate a lot of bready carbs today...oops. Protein a little low, too. At least I got lots of veggies in.

Edited by lobsteriffic

Very nice Lobster!!! Hope Canada Day was awesome!!! Hope you drank one for al of us as well!! Workout looks awesome, you are always working your tail off, I got to get better motivated!!!! Got to kick it up a notch!!! Diet looks great as well!!

Thanks EliteDad!

Friday, July 3rd:

Weights: Vertical Push/Pull & Abs

Push Press:

20 x 8

45 x 5

45 x 5

45 x 5

45 x 5

45 x 5

Arnold Press:

20 x 7

20 x 7

20 x 6

Negative Chins:

BW x 5

BW x 5

BW x 5

BW x 5

DB Pullover:

30 x 8

30 x 8

30 x 8

Weighted Stability Ball Crunches:

25 x 12

25 x 12

25 x 12

Cardio: I had a super early meeting today so I had to rush out of the gym...so unfortunately I didn't have time to do cardio after weights.

Diet:

pre-WO shake

post-WO shake (with soy milk and greens+), oats with wheat bran, raisins, agave, and a few banana chips

leftover lentils, half sprouted bun, roasted broccoli, roasted kale, cherries

2 nectarines

stuffed baby eggplant, roasted asparagus, marinated tofu

mango

shake (with soy milk), handful banana chips

I decided I'm going off of the creatine for now. I just really don't like walking around with the extra bloat.