Lobsteriffic's Training Log - Oct. 31st Marathon Here I Come

In the winter I would totally agree with you. When it's -40 in January I don't want salad, I want something warm!

Haha, it's freezing here where I am, 10 degrees celcius. I'm still in a t-shirt!!

I will never complain about the cold, you guys have it a lot harder than us Aussies

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we get it! you live in paradise! But maybe that is why no ezekiel bread there too hot for it to last? I'd still like to live there though!

Good point. I'll keep that in mind in January when I'm eating some ezekiel bread....while wearing a parka and 3 pairs of socks.

I tried! For what it is worth, I really liked Toronto when I was there. Not sure where you at in relationship to Toronto. I love how much respect ice hockey gets in canada. I went to the Hockey Hall of Fame when I was in Toronto and it was so much fun. I even went to Wayne Gretsky's restaurant to eat. That was also really kool.

So I went to the grocery story today and got vegan refried beans both black and pinto. Also picked up the other necessary ingredients and will probably make myself a chimichanga later today!!!

Monday, May 25th:

Weights: Horizontal Push/Pull & Abs

Rack Pull:

45 lbs x 10

95 lbs x 5

100 lbs x 5

100 lbs x 5

105 lbs x 5

105 lbs x 5

BB Row:

45 lbs x 8

45 lbs x 8

50 lbs x 7

Bench Press:

45 lbs x 8

60 lbs x 5

60 lbs x 5

60 lbs x 5

65 lbs x 5

65 lbs x 5

Flat Flys:

17.5 lbs x 8

17.5 lbs x 8

17.5 lbs x 8

Weighted Swiss Ball Crunches:

25 lbs x 12

25 lbs x 12

25 lbs x 12

Cardio: None. I have a 60 min. yoga class in the evening.

Diet:

Pre-workout: banana

Post-workout: protein powder and soy milk, 2 pc. sprouted raisin bread

Snack: banana

Lunch: leftover fritatta, salad with dressing, apple

Snack: mandarins

Supper: more leftover fritatta, broccoli, mandarins

Snack: faux chorizo sausage

Cals 1576

Fat (g) 36.2

Carbs (g) 214.9

Prot (g) 122.8

This morning I dug out a pair of pants I didn't wear all winter because the waist was a bit too snug. They fit perfectly.

This morning I dug out a pair of pants I didn't wear all winter because the waist was a bit too snug. They fit perfectly.
That's Great lobster!

Thanks everyone!

Tuesday, May 26th:

Weights: None

Cardio: Went for a 5k run this morning outside. I had to stop to walk once for about 3 min. I didn't time myself (I should really get a digital watch...) but I could tell I was running faster than normal. And I wasn't totally out of breath by the time I finished either. So as slow as it's been going, I can tell my running has been progressing. Back in March I could barely run 2.5 k and I was SLOW.

Diet:

Post-workout: oatmeal with protein powder, flax, blueberries, and agave

Snack: apple

Lunch: salad with grilled tofu and dressing, apple

Snack: blueberries

Supper: teriyaki quinoa, tofu, brussel sprouts

Snack: pineapple

Cals 1580

Fat (g) 38.0

Carbs (g) 251.2

Prot (g) 84.0

Protein a little low. Oh well.

Went for a 5k run this morning outside. I had to stop to walk once for about 3 min. I didn't time myself (I should really get a digital watch...) but I could tell I was running faster than normal. And I wasn't totally out of breath by the time I finished either. So as slow as it's been going, I can tell my running has been progressing. Back in March I could barely run 2.5 k and I was SLOW.

Well done, that's a good effort!

The quinoa was from Eat Drink & Be Vegan...it was okay, not great, but okay. Which is how I would describe pretty much everything I've made from that book (although to be fair I haven't made THAT much...)

Wednesday, May 27th:

Weights: Quad Dominant/Ham Accessory & Biceps

Goblet Squats:

20 lbs x 8

35 lbs x 5

35 lbs x 5

37.5 lbs x 5

37.5 lbs x 5

37.5 lbs x 5

Leg Press:

90 lbs x 8

160 lbs x 8

160 lbs x 8

160 lbs x 8

High Foot Leg Press:

120 lbs x 12

120 lbs x 12

120 lbs x 12

Hammer Curls:

15 lbs x 8

15 lbs x 8

15 lbs x 8

Cardio: HIIT this morning sucked. Number one I was really pressed for time and my mind was concentrating on not being late so I wasn't 100% mentally in the game. Number two, I just don't think HIIT is going to work after my quad workout. I'll move it to another day. I did manage 5 30 sec. intervals at level 7 resistance.

Diet:

Post-workout: protein powder and soymilk, oatmeal with blueberries and flax

Lunch: leftover quinoa, tofu, and brussel sprouts

Snack: luna bar

Supper: more leftover quinoa, tempeh, pineapple for dessert

Snack: peanut butter and protein powder

Cals 1593

Fat (g) 37.0

Carbs (g) 228.7

Prot (g) 106.4

Yeah I have the new sarah kramer book, vegan a go go and honestly I haven't made anything out of it that really had the wow factor. everything has been decent, not bad, but not amazing either. Although I have made the potato pizza for friends and they went nuts over it.

Mary - yeah, I have La Dolce Vegan but honestly I've made like 4 things out of it and I wasn't all that impressed. I find every recipe is really dependent on faux meats/cheese/sour cream/etc.

Thanks EliteDad!

Yeah that is probably why i don't use it much either because i try to avoid that stuff for my everyday eating and only use it for special occasion kind of eating or when I am really craving something like that.

Thursday, May 28th:

Weights: None

Cardio: I was supposed to go for a run this morning but I messed up my back last night. It's still pretty sore today so I decided not to go. Hopefully it gets better by tomorrow. I also didn't go to yoga tonight.

Diet:

Breakfast: oatmeal with flax, banana, protein powder, pb, and soy milk

Lunch: leftover quinoa, tofu, apple

Supper: baked chimichanga, asparagus, apple

Snack: protein powder and agave

Cals 1594

Fat (g) 35.1

Carbs (g) 230.1

Prot (g) 106.6

I was supposed to go for a run this morning but I messed up my back last night. It's still pretty sore today so I decided not to go. Hopefully it gets better by tomorrow. I also didn't go to yoga tonight

That's shit, hope it feels better soon. You are starting to get really good with your running again