2009 MUSCLE CONTESTS START IN 2 DAYS (info here)

A long awaited update from the desk of LnG and VeganProteins!

So as priorly stated, me and Richard are taking over the responsibility for these contests. I will handle promotional stuff, shipping out prizes, etc etc and Richard will play a role in every other facet of the game as available, right Richard? So here goes; let's get this started. This is how we do it..........

Contest Schedule:

Biceps (Submissions: May 24th - May 30th) / (Judging: May 31st - June 6th) Look for the thread this weekend......

Biceps

Triceps

Shoulders

Back

Calves

Chest

Legs (quads / hamstrings)

Abdominals

Overalls (best m/f muscular. figure and fitness for women as well....)

Rules

- Generally you will have a week to submit your photos, but we'll keep you updated if you have an extended period of time.

-Photos must have been taken roughly within the past 4 weeks, so that it is a recent photo of you, not from your past

-You don't have to show full body, but please allow us to verify that the photo is you

- No editing of the photos is allowed, aside from cropping, but no photoshop or enhancements.

- It doesn't matter if you are cold or pumped up, but the pumped up photos will get the best results, get the most votes, and best represent Vegan Bodybuilding to the general public when they visit the front of our website.

Prizes

The prizes to be awarded to each winner in each category. The grand finale will result in better prizes and even greater recognition!

-Every single competitor gets a $5 voucher for http://www.veganproteins.com good until the end of the year.

-Every single competitor will be featured on the http://www.veganproteins.com photo gallery unless you request not to. I will only post pictures wth prior consent.

First Place: http://www.VeganProteins.com will donate:

- $1 for each competitor to the winner's charity of choice. So

on what I can afford. Money is tight at the moment. Plus

i'm expecting a big turnout, right guys!!!)

- 1/2 lb Sunwarrior

- 1/2 lb Spirulina

- 1/2 lb Aktivated Barley

- 1 probar / 1 vega bar / 1 vega packet

- 1 raw food recipe book courtesy of Christy Duffell; 'Raw Food

Figure Competitor'

NOTE: http://www.VeganEssentials.com will donate as well; we need to discuss and these prize packets will look better and perhaps more spread out. Ryan is a hard guy to get a hold of but we've been playing phone tag for a bit. He's done so much for so many people and just continues to. What a guy!

I may get additional product from other companies and will disclose accordingly and distribute to the winners!

We will have a full week to submit entries followed by a full week to vote on winners. There will be a week thereafter for that winner to be highlighted and congratulated before the next muscle group contest begins. Then the overalls, which will include a men's overall bodybuilding and 3 separate women's overalls (bodybuilder / figure / fitness)

Dates for each competition will be announced as they approach. Listed in order, they are:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Every person who enters a muscle contest, your first order through http://www.veganproteins.com, 100% of your proceeds will go to the winner of any contest winners charity of choice. Also anyone who has been watching the contest(s); 50% of your proceeds will apply to the same principle on your first order (please let me know after you place your order).

Of course don’t forget that we’re still rewarding our winners with free product from VP and a $25 gift certificate to Vegan Essentials. Also, when I can start to update VP manually, which I need time to do, all participants are going into a fitness gallery unless you let me know you’d prefer to not be up on the site.

I hope that everyone understands that these are not ‘ego’ contests and more to just get everyone interested in fitness and actively participating in the community to support and lean on one another. No matter where you are in your journey of health and wellness, please consider.. Perhaps these incentives will get us all to increase our exposure in making a direct difference in our little tight knit community as well as honorable surrounding ones like DCNinja’s and Ruz’s.

Oh and if you don’t live in the states, that doesn’t mean you should expect to pay for shipping from VP. I offered a winning gift package of awesome products to all winners and that is on my end. If you feel compelled to subsidize my costs, just donate somewhere to the chain of giving that is well under way over here at VBBF where we all make a huge impact and difference speak up over here about it.

full article (biceps thread)

edit: add url to 'speak up over here about it'