How to add bulk without gaining abdomin fat?

Midsection fat is just fat. It's not special. There's no guaranteed way to spot-gain or spot-reduce fat aside from gaining/losing fat overall. So to keep off midsection fat, keep off fat in general.

Whether that's possible during bulking is a different question. The majority here seem to think that it's best to just bulk like crazy and accept that you'll gain some fat, then cut back down afterwards. The other option is to try and balance your diet so that you gain muscle without fat, but it's going to take much longer and probably not work perfectly anyway, so you might as well go with option 1.

I'm trying out the "Carb Cycling" method to see what results churn out of this style of dieting. It's going to take some work to get it going smoothly but so far so good even being that today is my first day on the diet. I've got a grocery list made out already so it's time to shop! I'll let everyone know how its been going at the end of the week. My goal ultimately, is to shed a bit of fat and be able to see my abs better by the time I go to the river on July 10th. This is definitely a short time frame but I think it can be done with the determination that I have. Wish me luck Any suggestions on how this diet could be more effective would be appreciated.

From what I've read it seems like you bulk until you want and then cut to get rid of the fat that you gained while bulking (which hopefully is minimal).

So at that point what? You're able to work out and maintain your size without pumping through all the calories that put on the fat?

So at that point what? You're able to work out and maintain your size without pumping through all the calories that put on the fat?
Well I doubt anyone just stops after a cutting phase. Afterwards you'd probably continue with another bulking then cutting phase.

But yeah, I guess you could stop, and just maintain.

It just seems like you spend half your time being fatter than you'd like to be. That doesn't seem very satisfying.

Agreed.. I've kinda settled with keeping it simple. Eating healthy foods, watching the fat content of my foods, not over consuming on carbohydrates, and gaining strength. I doubt you can go wrong by following a plan as simple as that! Healthy foods, smart weight training, and solid cardio should always help you on your way to a physique anyone could admire as well as allowing you to live a healthy and long life. I've sort of become 'burnt out' on watching what I eat. I'm 20 years old, 140lbs and it's mainly muscle. My body fat is miniscule to begin with and I strongly believe that where I've gone wrong is with my cardio. It hasn't been solid nor routine.. Just a few minutes ago I got back from a 3 mile hike in my old neighborhood where I know the distances from point A to point B so it's easy for me to keep track. I'm going to keep this up because it helped me clear my mind unlike any cardio session could do for me in the past. I believe I've trained my body and mind enough now to the point that I can control my cravings and keep my exercise routine. The benefit of studying what I ate so closely has paid off because I understand the nutritional content of all the foods that I have access to now. My enjoyment of eating has almost been obliterated by my obsession of consuming exactly this many calories, this many carbs, or this much protein to the point where I've just said the hell with all of it. I'm young, fit, healthy, athletic, and enjoying my summer.. and now I ask myself: Why spoil it with obsessing over your diet? Plain and simple, I'm vegan and I eat the healthiest foods known to man. My plan is to live long and healthy and to spread my knowledge of how to make a healthy lifestyle work for anyone.. Not to obsess over the idea that if I overeat that I will become fat. This has turned into more of a blog than an actual forum post lol so please forgive me. Hey! you know.. It might not be a bad idea to start a blog of my own about my mission on continuing to live a healthy life. Anyway, off to grocery store. Thank you if you read all of this!

It just seems like you spend half your time being fatter than you'd like to be. That doesn't seem very satisfying.

Well, you don't want to get fat, of course. But it's ok to carry a few extra pounds. It won't be much weight, but have you seen off-season bodybuilders?