Vegan from Scandinavia

weganotso

Hiya!

So, I've for some weeks now trained at the local gym (actually, it's some distance; perfecto for cardio/warm-up! Beautiful scenery and ofc a nasty uphill ;])

Have read the articles and forums, and even come contact with some veganbuilders via facebook - looking forward to exchange ideas ("how to" and "what if's") with all of you.

I have great deal of motivation! But, still there's this problem with cravings after unhealthy stuff (vegan items, but still!) How do you all cope with it?

Lawl!

I also have a lot of cravings, besides my addiction to naked females. White bread, candy and crisps are my biggest battles. Taste buds do change and I find that after eating whole foods for a while fruits are enough to satisfy my sweet tooth, maybe some diet soda too. I eat white bread once a week or so when I buy 3 frallor. Try to save the unhealthy stuff for special occasions and don't try and go cold turkey because you're only gonna end up binging out. Don't go to the grocery store when you are hungry since you are likely to choose less healthy alternatives for quick calories. There are many great articels about making healthy food choices on the thing called internet. Ryan Andrews did a pretty good one on http://www.precisionnutrition.com (good resource in general) http://www.precisionnutrition.com/change-your-environment.

I am/was a sugar addict, trying to quit, the main obstacles are: White bread, biscuits, pastries (too bad I'm quite good at making sweet stuff :/), chips - or make it, anything fried... I tend to eat a lot of raw foods (nuts, seeds, veggies) as 'snacks', that sure helps, but after long work days - it's pretty hard to not get anything very unhealthy from the store ><

I weigh in at 308 (140kg), 175cm height - quite strong I s'pose, but want my muscles to show more - not the keg! :]

So, I try to integrate cardio whenever possible; first a walk to the gym, 10min warm-up at the gym, 4x12 reps/machine/exercise, 10min cardio and repeat - and 1h walk home.

Been vegan for about couple years, lacto-ovo vegeterian some time before converting to vegan.