Brokeback mountain

madcat

Watch out, if you make too many complaints about this movie, you're automatically homophobic. That's why it got good reviews. I haven't seen it though

that's funny - probably true though (that I'll be accused of being homophobic just because I thought the movie wasn't as good as everyone else did. But this isn't a sexuality forum, so I'll resist the urge to altogether debunk the myth of sexuality ).

I heard one of the cowboys leaves his family for his boyfriend. Is this true?

I don't want to ruin the movie for you, but that's not accurate.

Watch out, if you make too many complaints about this movie, you're automatically homophobic. That's why it got good reviews. I haven't seen it though

that's funny - probably true though (that I'll be accused of being homophobic just because I thought the movie wasn't as good as everyone else did. But this isn't a sexuality forum, so I'll resist the urge to altogether debunk the myth of sexuality ).

Actually, l appreciated your review; it was quite good. Richard makes a good point; but I didn't think there was anything homophobic in your post, and I'm pretty sensitive to descriminatory language I don't think anyone would read it that way either.

Oh, go ahead and debunk the "sexuality myth" -- let's hear it

I heard one of the cowboys leaves his family for his boyfriend. Is this true?

I don't want to ruin the movie for you, but that's not accurate.

College B I wondered the same thing. I hate movies where we are supposed to feel empathy for people cheating or feel happy when people destroy others lives and get together to live "happily everafter"

That's how I felt after "The Bridges of Madison County." People were crying after the movie, and I was thinking, "Why should I feel sad that these two cheaters "can't be together"?!!

However, I will see this movie when it goes to dvd .

Oh, go ahead and debunk the "sexuality myth" -- let's hear it

I'm just joshing. I'm not smart enough to debunk something so accepted as an absolute truth. It's just that to me, the whole "straight" or "gay" thing as it pertains to labeling a person one or the other - it's just another concept made up by some person at some point in time. It's so engrained in our culture that we take it for granted that's it's real, but in truth, it's just a concept.

Oh, and I don't define homophobia as having a fear of homosexuals - I define it as having a fear of BEING a homosexual.

i do think there are grey areas, but generally I define a homosexual person as someone who only wants a relationship with people of the same sex, a heterosexual person as someone who only wants a relationship with people of the opposite sex, and a bisexual person as someone who would have a relationship with either sex. If someone is slightly gay, like if a woman sometimes gets hot by looking at another woman's ass now and then, I wouldn't say she's bisexual, unless she is considering relationships with women. That's how I pigeon-hole it anyway