Hi from Australia

ozjay

Hi All,

Im a new vegan(2 months) and was happy to come accross this site,It took a bit of time to convert to veganism for me,i'm still being told that i will end up in hospital being fed through tubes (all out of concern and not enough understanding).I'm hoping to gain the information from this site and community to be able to research a proper diet and training routine.On my first month of being a vegan most days after i work i almost passed out because i wasn't getting enough nutrition ,now i cook all my own food , well mostly all of it,and I am feeling healthier and have a clearer consciense .Anyway thats my story for know sorry for the long rant.

Bye for now.

ozjay

P.S. Does anyone on this site or in the vegan bodybuilding community have any books or dvds that would be helpfull in body building nutrition and techniques for sale

Thanks for the welcome ,i've been going through the site and having a good look around,I am starting to research my training and nutritional requirements to get into shape.I'm glad that i came accross an article about robert cheeke that lead me here,I've been told by my meat eating gym friends that a vegan diet won't provide enough protein to build muscle, But robert's proved them wrong, anyway i will keep looking through this site for help (I've never really worked out before so i've got a lot of learning infront of me)

ozjay

Hey,

Welcome from Sydney

Have a look at some of the nutrition articles on here or some of the training logs, you definitely have to eat.

If you are lifting heavy weights you can burn hundreds of calories, and they have to come from somewhere.

Good luck with you eating and training.

Welcome!

There will be some good resources coming out soon. My friend Brendan Brazier wrote The Thrive Diet and Thrive Fitness and more projects are coming soon too.

I filmed a DVD years ago www.veganfitnessteam.com and it has some good stuff in it.

The forum community in general should be really helpful too....so hang around and you'll learn a lot and have fun

Welcome to the team!