Another Hi from Australia

joshsocks

Hey guys, long time lurker, first time topic-poster.. Great site! A little about me...

Been vegetarian for the past 4 years or so, and I'm currently working on slowly cutting all other animal products out of my diet. The hardest part is probably dealing with my carnivore gf and her family and the occasional meal I have to share with them.

I eat relatively well - 90% my diet consists mainly of tofu, almonds, flax seeds, peanut butter, tahini, red kidney beans, chickpeas, brown rice, oats, carrots, brocolli and spinach, and the occasional rice protein drink. At the moment Im trying to focus on eating 5 or so good meals a day, and avoiding wheat based foods such as bread and pasta, sweets, and anything thats overly processed. Oh and trying to only drink beers once a week or less

After a long time on the machines and Smith, my routine has started to shift. Im still trying to master the squat and the chin-up, as well as loving deadlifts, dips, bent-over rows and bench.

Been lifting about a year or so, never too seriously, but starting to take it more seriously. My gym buddy is the biggest omni out there (all he eats is eggs and kangaroo meat - did you guys know that people eat kangaroos here ? WTF I know ) But our differences aside, he is a great source of motivation.

Goals - I have a lot of them, mainly to get BIG. haha. But I know this takes time. Short term goals are to clean up my diet as mentioned, and just eat enough so I can keep maintain my strength, without adding to that bulking belly ( Summer time coming up , gotta fit into my shorts )

Have a great day - J

Hi there!

I'm married to an omnivore so I know it can be tough, but it's still doable! A lot of times he'll cook meat for himself, I'll cook myself a tofu or bean dish or something and then I'll make a vegetable side-dish we can both share. It took me awhile, but I finally found some vegan dishes he'll eat without complaining (e.g., chili, soups, things that are still kind of "meaty").

As for the family meals, that can be an awkward situation. Something that can help is bringing a vegan dish that you can eat and share with everyone else as well. That way you can show them vegan food can be super tasty.

Anyway, welcome and good luck with your goals!