31 Dec 1969

Guest Daniel

The internet didn't exist in 1969, much less web browsers and forums...

However, Dec 31, 1969 is the day right before Unix epoch.

I'm pretty sure the "date" field in the database must be store as all 0s or all Fs...

If you didn't understand what I stated above, don't worry this is computer geek gibberish .

Bottom line is: Dec 31, 1969 is a computer glitch. Not a real join date.

I'm pretty sure the "date" field in the database must be store as all 0s or all Fs...

If you didn't understand what I stated above, don't worry this is computer geek gibberish .

ARPAnet, which was the earliest predecessor of the modern internet was conceived as early as 1962, and was officially launched in 1969, the first connection being made on November 21 of that year.

Hey Daniel,

I posted this back in August. I think it is on page 7 of General Discussion, and has come up a few times.

"Hey,

Some people have been asking why we have members listed from 1969 and 1970. Well, it's because were on here a decade before I was born, back when the internet existed and was really popular!

No.....here is why

Yeah 1969 and 1970

Those were set up by default on the computer program. So anyone who was already part of Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness before April 2005 has 1969 or 1970 (we used to have an old forum and just transferred membership info). So all the people who came AFTER April, will have their actual sign up date.

So you can see the old timers like Compassionategirl, Topher, Michael Hobson, CollegeB, Richard, Chesty Leroux, and many more that I'm leaving off here (sorry). We were all on the old forum that was around back in 2003-2005 and now is RIP We're trying to find a way to transfer all of those messages, as you can see under General Discussion (Archive Posts) but we haven't done it yet.

So anyway, that is the explanation

Robert"

We're the oldest internet forum in history

ARPAnet, which was the earliest predecessor of the modern internet was conceived as early as 1962, and was officially launched in 1969, the first connection being made on November 21 of that year.

That's the exact same thing I was thinking about arpanet