Visiting Boston

It's super easy to take the subway to Allston - Grasshopper is there as well as TJ Scallywaggle's

Grezzo is really good (it's raw) - it's in the North End.

Sorry I wasn't much help with the Back Bay area. I haven't been to Boston in a couple of years. Seems to be quite a few on here from that area though, I'm sure they will have more suggestions.

I love Boston! I think I'll be there in June too, but mid to late June. TJ Scallywaggle's changed to Peace O' Pie, it's an all vegan pizza place and I know the owners, cool guys.

Lots of great places and great people!

Good walking city too. I walk all over or take the T (public transit). So beautiful in the summer too!

have fun!!!

I'm only going to be there a short while. I arrive Saturday June 5 around 10am, if that flight will still be available in 2 days. Then I fly back Monday evening around 8pm. So far the best flight for timing, and price is Jet Blue. Anyway I am quite positive that my first trip to Boston will just be the first amongst many.

• 4 weeks later...

Peace O Pie in Allston is awesome along with Pulse Cafe in Somerville. Both are my fav vegan places to eat at.

Also Grasshopper in Allston near Peace o Pie has good Asian along with My Thai Vegan in Chinatown.

Grezzo's is now closed sadly, but if you head north to Beverly there's The Organic Garden which is a raw vegan place made of win and squee.

Some vegetarian but not purely vegan places include Veggie Planet in Cambridge and if you go to Lizzie's Ice Cream nearby or in Waltham they carry a few Tofutti flavors and list what toppings contain what allergens so you can avoid egg/dairy.

Boston on the whole is pretty sweet in regards to vegan friendly places. Johnny D's in Somerville has great live music and a jazz brunch and they will serve you a tofu scramble for breakfast that is made of extreme awesome. They also have a dedicated vegetarian fryer and can tell you what is vegan or can be made vegan. Also in Somerville is Diesel Cafe which has vegan baked goods in addition to sandwiches. Flour Bakery and Cafe on Farnsworth St and also in another place in Boston carries a grilled tofu and olive tapenade sandwich I am addicted to, and their lo-fat vegan chocolate cake is the most chocolatey, yummy thing--everyone buys it even if they're not vegan, it's that good.

Hope this helps!