tahoe from baltimore md intro

tahoe

I've been vegetarian for a couple of years and went "cold tofu" 2 days ago to become vegan. I've been weight training since after high school and went from 5'9 145lbs to 175 lbs, and about 6% body fat. I carried this physique through my twenties and thirties while becoming a 3rd degree black belt and instructor. Like many people that move into an office job, I made a lot of excuses and ballooned up to 210 (not a good "ballooned" more like a William Shatner ballooned!) I started real training for a half marathon about 5 months ago, added in kettlebell (I love Kenneth Jay's VO2Max protocols), and do some heavier iron for legs and chest. I'm 48 and finally heading back into the right direction. I'm back down to 180 and need to start cutting more fat and getting overall riptatude (shut up- it's a word.) I'm having a lot of fun focusing on new and exciting vegan foods, rice and soy proteins, and some go to protein bars.

I live on the harbor in Baltimore Maryland and travel back and forth to Virgina Beach for work (rough life, I know)

I'm looking forward to sharing, learning and showing people that vegans are huge too!

tahoe

Welcome from another Baltimorean and someone who loves VA, Beach- Norfolk has AMAZING vegan options! =D

Are you doing the Baltimore half in October? My husband and another forum member will be running it together (myself and another forum member will be there cheering them on).