Greetings!

tattoo514

I've been lurking here for ages. I've been vegetarian for 17 years, vegan for 7ish years. For me it's all about the animals, the rest is vegan gravy. I've been lifting for ages, I'm pretty strong, but, I struggle with my weight. I've always hated cardio, which is maybe part of the problem. We moved from the mountains, into town about 1 1/2 years ago. Ironically, now that we're in town, I hike all the time, and love it. I've lost 30 pounds in that time. In the mountains I had to drive to get to a place to hike and now trails are within walking distance. I live in a beautiful place, I'm so lucky! But, I still struggle with weight and being a 40+ year old female, it's not gonna get any easier.

I've been reading lobsteriffic and Marystella's (I'm in awe) journals and find them very inspirational. I'm an extrovert in real life, I feel a little shy here, though. Weird, huh? But, I look forward to posting more and getting some useful info and inspiration from all of you.

Thanks guys! Yeah, there are beautiful trails in the mountains here. But, even the foothills here are just awesome. And there are so many within walking distance of my house!

I think I will start a journal here. I keep track of everything now, but here there would be feedback. And some accountability.

• 2 weeks later...