help with workout

muhaha

i need more definition on my chest, anything would be good but take note of these restrictions:

1. i will not have access to a gym most of the time

2. i'm limited to only dumbells

and plus

i'm looking for a balance of size and power, so i got 2 options, tell me which is better

1. work moderately(about 50%) of max for each set for 3 sets a day every 2 days

2. work till ALOT more harder probably 80% of max for each set for 3 sets a day and rest until fully recovered if it means 1 whole week

cuz i've tried both and they're sort of the same, i've only made small gains

need help

thx

Why are you limited to the two routines you've mentioned? I guess the latter of the two is better. But if you aren't happy with either I think you should try out different things.

And there's endless different things you can try. I have no idea which would be right for you. Much higher volume (instead of 3 sets, 5, 10, 15, 30??) Higher reps? Lower reps? varying the intensity and/or volume with each workout. Just maxing out once a week? Etc, etc, etc. There's really just endless stuff out there.

The most generic thing would be 3 sets of 5 to 8 reps, each set about 1 rep less than you are capable of, twice a week.

I usually do a few sets first thing in the morning, right after I wake up. And then workout again right before I go to sleep. I'm not sure if this is scientifically best or not, it's just my personal preference. Nothing wakes you up like a glass of OJ and set of pushups first thing in the morning!