Hello from VeganDougie

VeganDougie

Hi Everyone,

Just joined and looking forward to chatting with people and learning. I decided to become vegetarian 3 years ago but feel that I need to become vegan now. I am recieving Robert Cheekes book for xmas (i definatly know this is a present) and am really looking forward to reading it.

I have been training on and off since the late 80's early 90's but stopped about eight years ago when i met my now wife. She is fantastic and is also vegetarian. Any way 2 years ago i suffered disc hernieation and had surgery on my back to relieve the pressure on my sciatic nerve. It was during my recovery whilst off work i decided to start my own website based on my main interest of bodybuilding. It was a choice between that and guitar (i play rock and classical). Because of my health problems however i decided on improving my fitness and felt that i needed to get myself back in shape and stronger. During my research I came across this website and was very inspired by Robert Cheeke and the others in the profile section and realised I could achieve my goals and not compromise my ethical beliefs. So thanks for being a fantastic inspiritation to me.

My goals in the new year is to recover again - i have suffered a relapse with my back and need to go for a root nerve block on both sides of my spine root nerves. Hopefully this will ease the recent sciatic nerve inflammation enough to get me training again by the latest March 2011.

Love your website and i look forward to making new friends through this forum.

Doug Robson aka VeganDougie