New to vegetarism

y-girl

Hi,

I'm Dawn. I've worked out for several years. I love to lift. I work for a gym part-time. I've gone through issues with food allergies. I recently read a few books on vegetarism and decided to give it a go. I have been trying for a few months now. I'm not totally veggie, my husband has not been very supportive. We've actually had a few words concerning it. He loves to take me on date nights and we go to nice restaurants and I will break down and eat something I really didn't want to eat. This happens about twice a month. I do feel better physically when I eat this way. I also feel better knowing that I'm not contributing to the cruel treatment of animals. I'm hoping this willl get easier and I look forward to seeing some of the posts made on this forum.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Thank You!

Hi! I'm new to this too! I have to say that your signature quote is so inspiring, thanks! I love working out, too! I've been a certified trainer and figure competitor and decided to go all out and give vegan a try for the health benefits and more vitality. Weird thing is, my sweet hubby is the one who started this and I've been trying to get him to eat his veggies for years it seems! He noticed such hugely dramatic changes is how he feels that he was so sold. It started for him with the "forks over knives" trailer. Have you seen it?

Have a great day!