Calorie Intake

Wozza

Hi all,

At this point in time I weigh around 68kg, am 6 ft tall and 20 years old. I have been going to a gym for years, however, only recently have I become serious about gaining muscle. My question here revolves around calorific intake and the ideal amount. I want to gain muscle, but also build definition, something difficult if I bulk too much. So my question is, how many calories should I consume to gain muscle definition/muscle without gaining fat? This is my current workout load:

Monday: Chest + shoulders

Tuesday: Cardio (run around 5km or so)

Wednesday: Bi and Back

Thursday: Cardio (Sprints or bike ride)

Friday: Whatever other muscle groups I want to work

I was consuming around 2000 calories a day, however, I was losing weight (not ideal of course, and as can be expected with a low calorie diet). I have increased my intake now to 2500, is this where I should be aiming? My daily intakes generally are around 100g protein (can be higher/lower), carbs- 350g, fats- 60g (basicly no saturated fats).

Thanks all,

Woz

You are going to want to increase your protein and calorie intake if you want to build more muscle. I find it hard to get everything I need in a day through food so protein shakes have been helpful.

I'm sure others more knowledgeable then I will chime in.

Good luck!