max amount of protein intake before kidney damage occurs/or.

If you're not doing plenty of heavy training, there's not really a need to consume massive amounts of protein. However, I don't believe there's any science to give a specific number as far as grams for protein intake that would cause kidney damage for most people - there are too many factors to consider regarding lifestyle, physical training being done, pre-existing factors, etc. to give anyone a guideline for "how much is too much".

However, as I say here all the time, if taking in massive amounts of protein were a guarantee of kidney damage, we'd see thousands of bodybuilders, powerlifters, strongman competitors, football players, etc. who would all be suffering and on dialysis for the rest of their lives. Since this isn't the case, I've always figured that so long as you're not taking in absurd amounts, there's probably no real reason to worry. Sadly, in the vegan movement, there's been so much anti-protein talk from people who seemed to equate high protein intake with needing animal proteins, they spread fear and worry without evidence to back things up. If you're concerned with your intake, see about having your physician conduct some testing to make sure your kidney function is spot-on, that would alleviate worry immediately.

Sadly, in the vegan movement, there's been so much anti-protein talk from people who seemed to equate high protein intake with needing animal proteins, they spread fear and worry without evidence to back things up.

100% agree. I cringe everytime I read/hear this bullsh*t from vegan/AR folk.

Personally I've been on 2g/kg fro many years with no ill effects.