Tim Ferriss approach to fat-burning. Your thoughts?

robert

I've been working late nights on The 12 Days of Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness and I play a lot of TED Talks and other videos in the background to keep me going until 3AM (everyday this week).

Lately I've been listening to Tim Ferriss, author of The Four Hour Body (and of course The Four Hour Work Week).

In multiple talks and I assume in his book, he suggests that eating 30g of protein within 30 min of waking is the best thing you can do for fat loss.

What are your thoughts? Anyone read the book and want to expand?

Here is one of the videos where he talks about it. Seems like a really bright guy!

Thanks!

I read his book about a year ago. He seems like a very well read man and I really like that he does a lot of self experiments. Someone who test theories and does not just "follow" them earns a lot of cred in my book. As I was reading, lots of his ideas made total sense to me, but there were a few I was on the fence about and this one is one of those. This is why: I can understand taking in 30g of a fast absorbing protein like a shake in the am.... especially after a really hard training session the night before. What I cannot quite get my mind around is eating 30g of protein in the am. From what I have learned and understand, the am is the time to kick start your metabolism. Eating that much protein could significantly slow down the metabolism even if paired with fruit or oatmeal. I'm looking at this from his point of view also because I know animal proteins are on his list of choice so this could mean eggs or even chicken with beans for breakfast. 30g sounds like a great start to the day... I eat a nice piece of fruit and have a shake. That way i get some fast acting carbs and my am protein.