So glad I found you!

KarakD.

I'm a huge geek that has been lifting for a few years but switched over to a plant based diet 8 months ago. Since that time I've maintained my weight but lost a lot of muscle

I'm very active: Cycle commute to work, play soccer & born to run.

I know I'm not getting enough protein. I'm hoping to learn from you all how to fix my diet & regain. Guess my next step will be to set up a jrnl.

Thank you,

Karak

Hi Karak!

Vega is a great supplement for protein, but we can also get protein in our daily lives from veggies, legumes, nuts, etc.

Glad you have joined here, I hope you do get the advise you're looking for! Let me know if I can help!!!

Have a great day!

Mindy

Hi Karak! Welcome to the VBB forum community, and congratulations on making the switch to plant-based! Have you read Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness by Robert Cheeke (bodybuilder and founder of this site), and Thrive by Brendan Brazier (pro Ironman triathlete and formulator of Vega)? Those books should be helpful to you.

All the best!

Karen

Hi Karak!

Vega is a great supplement for protein, but we can also get protein in our daily lives from veggies, legumes, nuts, etc.

Glad you have joined here, I hope you do get the advise you're looking for! Let me know if I can help!!!

Have a great day!

Mindy

Thank you Mindy I'm an avid veggie gardener & try to eat mostly what I grow.

Last year I taught myself how to can fruits from my little urban orchard (2 pears, 2 apples & 1 HUGE fig). I need to grow legumes.

Hate to say this but I avoid supplements - I don't trust supplements.

Hi Karak! Welcome to the VBB forum community, and congratulations on making the switch to plant-based! Have you read Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness by Robert Cheeke (bodybuilder and founder of this site), and Thrive by Brendan Brazier (pro Ironman triathlete and formulator of Vega)? Those books should be helpful to you.

All the best!

Karen

Thanks so much! I'm reviewing it online as I type.

Welcome to the forum, Karak!

Great to have you here. Hope you've been enjoying the forum so far. We have a super cool community here. There are a bunch of members who have made a habit of piling on tons of muscle once they became vegan so there are plenty of people to be inspired by and learn from.

Looking forward to checking out your journal.

All the best!

-Robert