Three months of progress

jonathan

I know that it seems that I am posting endless progress photos but these aren't your typical shots!

We had a small Vegan Fitness meetup on the 23rd of November last year for some powerlifting and eating. Here is a photo of me with a 170kg deadlift:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/bob280784/P1010110.jpg

And then I had a good training session today, and pulled 180kg double overhand as my last working rep - this is the photo:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/bob280784/Jon180kgdead.jpg

I seem to have gained alot everywhere (yes i know, also on my stomach!! ), but I'm really happy with it.

Jonathan

Cool Jonathan, I applaud your success! Keep on growing and getting stronger. I thought about you recently at the gym as I've been lifting heavier weights and going for Personal Best lifts.

Awesome work man, you are inspiring many on here, trust me, I know. I've been getting that kind of feedback

So cheers to you mate!

-Rob

the only thing i get from those photos is that you're able to strike that facial expression on commnad. photo's of deadlifting are hard to compare other than the weight used since they put your body in such a compromising position. you look a slightly thicker in the 2nd photo, but its really hard to tell with the different lighting and clothes.

You certainly seem to have got chunkier. You think you've got a belly, you should see me!

The other thing I would say is that I can't imagine that I'd be smiling like that if I was in the middle of deadlifting 180 kilos!

I think you look a lot bigger. It's a good improvement. With those long arms you still just look too thin in the first. Much better in the second. I think veganism needs more really big people than cut people. (Not that there's anything wrong with being cut or anything.)

I agree Jay. When it comes down to it, we do need a bunch of BIG vegans just to show that it is possible since for some reason 99.9% of people don't think it is possible.

I will make getting BIG my goal soon.

There are a number of BIG guys getting some media attention like Ryan Wilson (VeganEssentials) who was fetaured as a top vegan athlete by VegNews Magazine, which is a fairly popular vegan magazine in North America.

Go BIG VEGANS!

-little rob