A long story... (My story)

2O5

Hi everybody,

I’m a 34 y/o male from the UK. I have been meat free for almost 25 years now and as time has gone on I have set my sights on adhering to a fully vegan diet as closely as possible.

For the past 3 1/2 years I have been in a world of despair and depression, dealing with a damaged spine and have only just started receiving treatment for it. This has left me feeling physically and mentally depleted as well as terrified to step foot back in a gym in case I become injured again, I simply cannot go through that level of constant pain again.

I only work part time due to my levels of pain and fatigue and as such I cannot afford comfortable living circumstances. I struggle with my diet as I do not have access to a refrigerator, freezer or cupboard space to store food. Anything I eat must be ready made or able to be stored in carrier bags in my bedroom.

I have had a dream for many decades to embark on my vegan bodybuilding journey but every time I attempt to improve myself I find my progress halted by gastrointestinal issues (high amounts of carbohydrates, fibre & fat attached to vegan protein sources) or I simply cannot push myself physically because of the overwhelming fear of becoming injured once again.

I don’t know if this is the right place or even the right section to be reaching out for help, I just don’t know where to turn anymore and I feel like if I can’t figure out how to make my dreams a reality soon, my life will end having never even begun to realise them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, you are great and I understand your condition, the main thing is to follow your goal. You can make up a diet for yourself by day, and an exercise plan. I think it will be easier. Perhaps you need psychological support (it helped me at one time when I had problems with health), there is an online consultation with a psychologist, I saw about this on the forum https://answers.afrihost.com/17756/why-do-i-get-a-massage-saying-my-acount-has-been-disabled?show=22217#a22217, you can talk about your problems, get support and decide what to do next.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/10/2022 at 2:54 PM, bensmith193 said:

Due to the electricity bill, I am very disheartened. Therefore, I am getting information about how many amps to use at home for devices such as air conditioners, refrigerators, LED bulbs, etc. Please let me know how I can do this task.

Thanks for sharing your experience with it.

• 9 months later...
On 9/18/2021 at 4:53 PM, 2O5 said:

Hi everybody,

I’m a 34 y/o male from the UK. I have been meat free for almost 25 years now and as time has gone on I have set my sights on adhering to a fully vegan diet as closely as possible.

For the past 3 1/2 years I have been in a world of despair and depression, dealing with a damaged spine and have only just started receiving treatment for it. This has left me feeling physically and mentally depleted as well as terrified to step foot back in a gym in case I become injured again, I simply cannot go through that level of constant pain again.

I only work part time due to my levels of pain and fatigue and as such I cannot afford comfortable living circumstances. I struggle with my diet as I do not have access to a refrigerator, freezer or cupboard space to store food. Anything I eat must be ready made or able to be stored in carrier bags in my bedroom.

I have had a dream for many decades to embark on my vegan bodybuilding journey but every time I attempt to improve myself I find my progress halted by gastrointestinal issues (high amounts of carbohydrates, fibre & fat attached to vegan protein sources) or I simply cannot push myself physically because of the overwhelming fear of becoming injured once again.

I don’t know if this is the right place or even the right section to be reaching out for help, I just don’t know where to turn anymore and I feel like if I can’t figure out how to make my dreams a reality soon, my life will end having never even begun to realise them.

I have the same issue

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2021 at 5:47 PM, RoyKean said:

Hello, you are great and I understand your condition, the main thing is to follow your goal. You can make up a diet for yourself by day, and an exercise plan. I think it will be easier. Perhaps you need psychological support (it helped me at one time when I had problems with health), there is an online consultation with a psychologist, I saw about this on the forum https://answers.afrihost.com/17756/why-do-i-get-a-massage-saying-my-acount-has-been-disabled?show=22217#a22217, you can talk about your problems, get support and decide what to do next.

Very impotant information