Need Help With Drainage Before Building Deck

BordasOo

We're hoping to build a nice big deck off the back of the house this summer for entertaining. Problem is, that whole area tends to flood every time it rains. Does anyone know of a reliable landscaping company that could improve the drainage and grading in the backyard before deck construction? Maybe they could install a rain garden, dry creek bed or french drains - whatever it takes so we don't end up with a flooded deck! Would appreciate any tips to tackle this project the right way.

That sounds like a fantastic project! I had a similar issue with my backyard flooding before I built my patio. I reached out to new rochelle landscaping and they were a great help. They assessed the yard and suggested a combination of French drains and subtle grading to redirect the water flow. They even incorporated a beautiful rain garden, which turned out to be a stunning feature! It was a game changer. Since their work, I haven't had any issues with flooding, even during heavy rains. Their team was knowledgeable and worked efficiently to ensure everything was ready for my patio project. Definitely worth considering for a hassle-free deck construction!

• 1 month later...