Fundraiser Dinner in Portland tonight

robert

Info sent from Food Fight.

I will be attending this event with andesuma. loveliberate might make it, and maybe a few others.

---

"So, yeah, a reminder about Tuesday night. Proper Eats in St. Johns

(8638 N. Lombard ave, (503) 445-2007) is gonna have a special Josh

Harper benefit plate for $10, and $5 will go to Josh's appeals fund.

Should be available from 5-10 in the pm. What's the food? Here's what

Piper says:

"i plan on the meal being: cornmeal encrusted tempeh with a garlic-

herb aioli, steamed veggies tossed in a miso-tahini spread, wild rice

and cabbage pilaf and

chickpeas...looking forward to this event very much"

Also "... we have a tv and dvd player...he is still showing two short

films on peak

oil stuff beginning at 7"

Come and hang out."

Thanks for posting this Robert!

I'll definitely be there - unless of course I forget, get taken hostage, break a sone or decide to play Atari instead. Seriously though: great food for a great cause and with great company to boot? Awesome!

Andesuma, I look forward to meeting you tonight!

Who else can make it?

Awesome loveliberate, we'll see you in about 8 hours. davidtarrfoster has a soccer game so he won't be able to make it, and Laurie from VegNews Magazine has deadlines to meet so she won't be there.

The Food Fight folks and friends will be there so it will rock.

PDX meet-ups are great!

Robert & Andesuma,

It was wonderful hanging out with you two tonight! I hope to spend a lot more time with both of you and I look forward to connecting with other folks here out in the "offline" world. Having so many great folks together at once for the Vegan Vacation sounds better and better every day...

For folks who have not been fortunate enough to meet them yet:

Robert is an exceptionally warm, energetic and generous person - with amazing singing abilities that he can demonstrate even while driving and frantically searching for a public restroom!

Andesuma is friendly, intelligent, articulate and creative - I look forward to seeing your off-canvas art!

Proper Eats is an extremely cool place and I encourage all of you to check it out if you can. It has friendly folks, tasty food at very reasonable prices, a very nice market of primarily organic produce and bulk whole foods, a comfortable and casual atmosphere - all in an awesome spot right in the center of historic downtown St. Johns!

The benefit appears to have been a success - the restaurant was busy the whole time we were there. We talked with lots of great folks including our friends from Food Fight! & from the Vegan Tattoo shop next door, the one and only "Vegan Sid", some In Defense of Animal people and the owner of Pirates Tavern - the new Vegan nightclub that should be opening very soon!

For me the best part of the night was the great company. It was very nice to get to know each of you better and to share so many laughs...

Here's a couple of couple of memorable quotes (there were many!) from Robert: "Last time I was here I had 3 plates of food - I rule! Or as Topher would say, I owned it!" Then later, after finishing his third plate of the night: "I don't sing it, I bring it!"

Thanksto both of you for a wonderful night that I won't soon forget!

I am very pleased to hear that there is fundraising across North America for the SHAC 7 appeal.

It appauls me to know that the evil f**ks at Huntington Life Sciences are protected by the long arm of the law and the judiciary, while those like the SHAC 7 that are defending animals with no choice and no voice are sentenced to potentially length jail terms. SHAC 's methods may be over the top to some folks, but the fact is that they have been compelled to use such tactics because the system protects the abusers, not the voiceless and innocent victims. An example of this is UK animal rights activists have been banned from peacefully protesting outside of a new ghastly laboratory that is under construction to torture animals. No wonder people are pushed to the brink like the SHAC 7.

There will be a fundraiser for SHAC in Toronto and I fully intend on supporting it. These people have sacrificed their own freedom to liberate animals.

Anyway, my point is I am so happy to hear that these fundraising are happening and are successful!

Robert & Andesuma,

It was wonderful hanging out with you two tonight! I hope to spend a lot more time with both of you and I look forward to connecting with other folks here out in the "offline" world.

For me the best part of the night was the great company. It was very nice to get to know each of you better and to share so many laughs...

Here's a couple of couple of memorable quotes (there were many!) from Robert: "Last time I was here I had 3 plates of food - I rule! Or as Topher would say, I owned it!" Then later, after finishing his third plate of the night: "I don't sing it, I bring it!"

Thanksto both of you for a wonderful night that I won't soon forget!

Haha, awesome.. I'm surprised you remembered my quotes

Yeah, last night was tons of fun. Next time we'll have to hang out in the park longer and hope we don't get rained out.

The company was great, we were surrounded by a bunch of vegans we've been getting to know lately, and meeting others. Then we just drove around, looking for restrooms late at night because of my small bladder. Those were good times too. Then of course my funny style of doing push-ups in the grass

I'm back in Corvallis now, and in Eugene in about 2 hours, but I'll be back up to Portland possibly on Monday.

See you both then!

I love doing the little meet-ups in Portland and I hope that we can expand the forum to reach more people so everyone will have others in their region to hang out with.

Nat, yeah, I'm a supporter of Food Fight's efforts to do fundraising for the SHAC 7 guys. Josh Harper is a local guy, even my sister knows him, so we help out when the opportunities come up.

Keep on rockin everyone. No photos from last night's meet-up but perhaps next time

I just happen to find this posting.. so sorry for the delayed response!

It was really nice meeting you as well loveliberate!

I think it's GREAT you have a vegan family(wife & children), nothing but

good things can come from that.

The company definitely was lovely, and hopefully we can all get together

again soon..

If you ever wanna go running on that track near 52nd sometime,

just let me know! I'll probably be frequenting that area now that I know it exists...

thanks!

Heya andesuma!

Glad ya found this thread. We have a small apartment but I'd love to have you, Robert and maybe some other forum friends over for dinner, watching a movie, or an all-day/night game of Risk sometime!

I'd enjoy running with you - just be warned that I'm pretty out-of-shape.

I'm up for all night board games! You guys are awesome! I actually have a 5k race tomorrow. So I'll be up for some running stuff sometimes too....but then again I am bulking so I'll mostly just watch and cheer while eating, attempting to get fatter. ME soon.

See ya'll on Sunday or Monday!