Totally relaxing day :)

robert

I had a totally relaxing day today!

I attended a birthday party for my friend Pete. He turned 5 years old. I'm his best friend and we had an awesome time with family and friends. Some of you know Pete...he is the red-haired kid at the Vegan Potluck in Vegan Fitness Built Naturally, our DVD. He kinda growls at the camera in the movie and is wearing a Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness t-shirt that day. His younger brother, also in the movie, is 2-year old Bobby.

Anyway, today we played on the slip n' slide, in the pool, we played with swords and he was dressed up as a pirate. There were mostly adults (20-somethings) and family members (grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc.)

It was a pretty sweet day. We just kicked it and it was a ton of fun.

One really cute phrase from the day was, "Robert......come over here, hurry...they are lifting a table and you should help because you're really strong." "You're stronger than the Hulk."

I assured him I was not stronger than the Hulk, but he wanted me to flex anyway. Then he flexed his 4-inch biceps

So it was a chill day, something I kinda needed...or at least benefitted from.

Then he told me he's getting married on September 13th to a 4-year old and that she is "really nice, really pretty, and really young." They are going to have 15 kids and the way they are going to afford to feed all of them is to have a really big refrigerator.

Man....I wish I could just hang out with kids all day and not worry about the "real world."

That is why I used to think my job working with kids on a cruise ship was like the best thing in the world. World Travel for free, actually getting paid, and just playing with kids all day long

Loveliberate...when are your kids' birthdays? I need more parties like this!

Loveliberate...when are your kids' birthdays?

That information is released on a need to know basis only, and you sir, do not need to know!

Seriously, I think it's a real good idea to be very careful about sharing personally identifiable information, esp. about children and esp. online where anyone can see it.

That said:

Robert - I'll tell you next time I see you. It's great that you went to your friends party! I'm sure that having you as a friend will always be an influence in his life.

I didn't even think about those things, sorry man.

I'm used to having all of my info about myself online, so it's not always something that crosses my mind.

It was a fun time out there playing yesterday. A great way to spend a Sunday Afternoon

Yeah, I am a big kid. I'm like designated "uncle" for everyone and it is awesome

I would rather hang out with kids than people my own age. No offense to people my own age or my friends, but acting like a kid is just what I do....talking with different voices, acting out different characters, etc. Good times

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I had 3 totally relaxing days in L.A. with Brendan Brazier. It was one of the most fun vacations I've had in a very long time.

We did all kinds of fun stuff and visited cool people and places and most of all, just hung out and relaxed.

We also listened to a lot of hip hop and rap music while we cruised around and that was cool.

I'm starting to chill out in general these days even though I'm working 4 jobs and have deadlines and high expectations within these paid and volunteer jobs I'm doing.