Robert's Blog: "Everything is Awesome"

I've been hanging out with LizWorld for about 8 days now and we've become pretty good friends. I think we're an assum team. We've driven all around Oregon and up to Canada and around in Canada and have never once turned on the radio or any other music in the car. We always seem to have something to chat about.

Granted, she talks a lot and so do I so that is probably the reason, but we're a pretty good team so far.

Shake and Bake!

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LizWorld has been here for two weeks and I never imagined the impact she'd have on me. She has been awesome and a great friend to have. She's helping me out in a lot of ways. I have a lot of things I need to work on and she helps me bring balance and organization to my life.

There are certain things I don't like to admit, but they are things I need to face and embrace and she helps me do that.

She leaves tomorrow but will be back very soon. Time for me to go eat, rest, recover, and reflect.

Today I deleted over 1,500 e-mails I had about 10,000 in my account and every few months I delete 1,000 or so. My e-mail was running so slowly because tons of these e-mails have photos in them and the capacity of my e-mail was nearly full.

So, it's a nice feeling to drop more than 1000, including some large files.

I'm still working away at it, and taking it easy today just trying to figure out how to come up wtih $1000 by tomorrow night to pay for our Vegan Vacation home.

I'm going to give about $500 of my own dollars, that I'll get reimbursed after fundraising, but I'll need at least $500 more.

I'll make some posts on myspace and try to sell the final 10 DVDs I have and some shirts.

I'm slowly learning how to budget my own money, but I just have to make this payment for the Vegan Vacation to take place.

Well, back to thinking, listening to music and deleting e-mails.

We're so short on funding I had to pay $650 of my own money to go towards reserving our Vegan Vacation Home

But, it was my own fault, as organizer, for not doing more fundraising beforehand and not charging more than $100 per person to hold a spot. It really should have been about $140 per person to hold spots, but I thought fundraising would cover more of it.

I'm working to do at least one really BIG fundraiser that should help pay those back who made extra donations to make this event take place.

The worst part is that I'm totally broke so this $650 is supposed to go towards my rent and other bills, but I had to make this deposit for Vegan Vacation to take place. Poor planning on my part, but I made $100 cash today for doing a small favor for someone and sold a DVD yesterday and I'm doing more to generate funds quickly so I can still pay bills as close to on time as possible.

Anyone want a DVD or t-shirt

A great time to get one would be now

We have a new roommate moving in today. He's a friend from growing up. Eric is his name and he has known davidtarrfoster and I for many years. We were all good friends in high school and I knew both when I was in middle school. We've had great people stay with us over the past year I've lived in Portland including:

Tonya Kay

Brendan Brazier

Alexander Dargatz

Ani Phyo

Veganpotter

Crystal

LizWorld

Nettie

Flameska

and more.

Some have stayed for weeks, others for shorter visits, but we've been a popular destination for great vegans from all over the world.

Well........back to trying to find some money

I'm actually pretty sweet, as many of you know. So I made a sweet little phone call to our Rental House owners and our payment that was supposed to be paid on Thursday has been extended until Monday with no additional penalties or charges, for me to try to come up with more funds.

Anyone up for a small fundraiser this weekend? Maybe a bake sale or something.

Liz....where are you? We need you to bake things......

I'm trying to be more organized, resourceful and accountable. So I'm taking a small hit right now, having to pay from my own poor pockets to help the whole group and I'll do what I can to make more DVD sales and t-shirt sales all weekend long and do my best to generate funds in other ways...be it selling some of my own things I don't want anymore or doing jobs for people or something like that.

I'm just happy I have until Monday to sort it out! Thanks goodness I'm a nice guy and people like to help me make it

I do sell them

I have them in White, Off White, Royal Blue, Red, Black and maybe some other colors too. They are pretty cool. I sell them for $15 and I can hook you up with one soon.

Thanks!

I got ALL my financial situations with the Vegan Vacation sorted out today. I got more people confirmed and their money paid. I got more people to donate and I put in a large chunk of my own money to secure our vacation home. I also set up future opportunities for major fundraising before the Vegan Vacation and received an awesome loan from someone at the last minute. We'll pay back these loans from our fundraising we'll continue to do.

Thanks Tasha,

I'll keep those things in mind. I don't like wearing lots of clothing anyway, but it's not quite summer yet (weather-wise) so I have to wait a bit. But I'll try that.

Someone also suggested a kissing booth. I think it was potter's idea he mentioned last week. Maybe we'll do that too.

That is what I was banking on

I just got home from Chef Al and Donna's house. I had some great food as usual.

Please check out their website, they are great people!

www.chefal.org

Now, I've got to get ready to head to the gym. I'm having some shoulder problems so I'll train arms or abs tonight. I trained legs last night and now it hurts to sit down, which is a sensation I really like

I may come up with another thought of the day as well.

Time for gym prep.

Hey potter........Chef Al and Donna are going over to Proper Eats tonight with their class for a farewell party. I may go. It starts soon though, about 5:30PM at Proper Eats but I think they'll be there until around 7PM.

I'm thinking of going to chat for a little bit and then workout after that.

Just FYI in case you were interested.

Also.....let's get a group together this weekend if possible and finalize the itinerary for the Vegan Vacation!

Tonight I went and saw Dennis Kucinich speak. For those who don't know....he is a VEGAN running for President of the United States. He's a congressman and has done some great things for Peace in this country.

I'll post some videos about it later on.

After that I went to buy groceries and missed a phone call. It was from SeaSiren and it was after midnight her time on the East Coast, requesting me to call back. I was worried, wondering why she called so late.

I spoke with her and found out she is in the hospital. I posted a little get well soon video for her in the General Discussion section of the forum. I'm sure she'll be well soon.

I really need to start getting to bed earlier, not at 2AM like last night. So I'll sign off soon.

I better eat a little more first.

Yeah that's hot $$$$ A kissing both....

How about a dunk tank? I could see Robert on the plank, posing his big muscles...

There will be a line up of people throwing the ball at the target to watching him fall down into the water

haha

I just thought it was cute. I know it is something that makes you very happy, so I liked it. It seems to be one of your favorite things and we had a lot of fun watching ND while you were here. That's all.

I can change it if you like, I just thought it was cute.