5,000 Myspace friends

robert

I reached the 5,000 mark for my Myspace friends yesterday! Most of them are vegans, which is the exciting part, and not "too many" are spam. It is my largest vegan network anywhere on the internet and it's great.

People know me from myspace everywhere. Even when I was in D.C., 3000 miles from where I live, a bunch of people came up to me and said they were a Myspace friend of mine

It took a long, long time to get here! I've been on myspace since September of 2004 when a friend of mine said it would be a great way to market Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness. There were only 3 million members then. Now there are over 105 million members.

Exactly 2 years later, being on myspace has led to at least 5 magazine features I've been in, tons of DVD sales, t-shirt sales, a bunch of new friends, and has really provided me an opportunity to reach an extremely diverse group of vegans. Many of you found this forum from viewing my myspace page.

I look forward to the 10,000 "friend" mark, and hope it comes faster than the first 5,000.

Thanks to all of you who support what I'm doing and tell people about my Myspace page and about veganbodybuilding.com

There is nothing fancy about my page. It is simple but it inspires people all over the world everyday, which is really a great feeling for me.

www.myspace.com/veganbodybuilding

Add me to your network!

To be honest, it has been my #1 networking tool. I wish I could say some other site, or speaking to groups, or meeting with people at events, or something else were my most effective way to reach people, but its actually right here on myspace!

Now more than 5,100 100 new friends in a day sometimes

I'm on Friendster, Tribe, Care2, and a host of others

I consider myself one of the top networking vegans out there, and these sites help me expand my networks and grow my vegan community. It's pretty cool to be 3,000 miles from home and have other vegans recognize me from myspace. It's a nice way to meet new friends, network like crazy and grow a business as well.

I actually got this message today when I tried to send an e-mail:

"You have exceeded your daily usage."

It was the first time that has ever happened. It must be a new thing.

I went back and checked my "sent" box and I had sent over 100 individual e-mails

I also had about 50 come in my inbox, but it was the sending part they wouldn't let me do anymore.

So much for networking for tonight, I guess I'll go to bed