I'm more convinced than ever that fish have feelings

JW

we have an aquarium at our house and observing these fish makes me more and more convinced that fish have a range of feelings and emotions which are generally not acknowledged or recognized by the general public.

About 6 months ago we had a bit of a "die off" in the tank. We think it was a disease possibly spread by a new addition to the tank. Only one of our fish survived.

We were hesitant to introduce new fish to the tank until we knew the surviving fish (Billy Bob Joe) was going to survive.

For 3 weeks this poor little guy spent virtually all his time huddled in a small recess in a castle ornament, only coming out to feed.

We were worried that he too was ill.

After 3 weeks, we introduced 4 more fish and the result was incredible!

Billy Bob Joe was swimming around, interacting with the other fish.

You could actually see the happiness in him.

Why can people not see that fish have feelings?

Many people who would never kill a cow or chicken, have no problems killing a fish.

Yeah, I guess it just suits them to say that fish don't have 'feelings'. It's clear to me! It seems obvious if you spend any time at all looking at their behaviour that they are aware of their surroundings, and display various types of behaviour / emotions depending on what is happening around them.

They do have central nervous systems, and one would think they wouldn't be able to survive without feeling pain and reacting accordingly.

My thoughts are, even if they had meat that didnt have "feelings" or feel pain, at this point I wouldn't eat it anyway. Plant-based nutrition is so much cleaner and purer...