What causes are you working for right now?

JW

We have a few in our hoeshold right now.

My daughter is continuing to save money for the Humane Societies new shelter through her allowance, kool-aid stands etc...

My son is organizing "Hat Day" for the grade 6 students at his school.

Every student making a donation will be able to wear their hats in scholl all day. Monies will go to World Vision for care packages.

My Wife works at the foodbank once a week.

I collect clothes for local homeless shelters.

Our latest is helping out a local medical student who sells these little bead doll pins to support HIV & AIDS infected people in South Africa.

There are just so many causes out there!

Thanks for doing all that great stuff JW!

I like to "vote" with my dollars & to spend the majority of my money at cool places like Food Fight! or People's Food Coop, buying mostly organic, local, fairtrade & of course vegan items. I reuse, recycle and get many things used, etc. I collect food, clothes, etc to put out in free boxes and books to donate to Books to Prisoners programs.

I also distribute information on and voice my support for a variety of "issues". Lately this has mostly been for things related to mental illness, veganism, sexism / patriarchy and defending our human rights against ongoing attacks. These are the issues that I most often directly encounter day to day...

I particularly like to do advocacy and educational work around issues related to our human right to armed self-defense as I see too few otherwise like-minded folks who are focusing on this. Not to mention working to counter all of the misinformation and misunderstanding that so often surrounds these issues...

Edited by loveliberate

size does have it's benefits!!!

That's great pelicanAndrew!!

This thread is just more confirmation of just how special everyone here really is!!!

I train dogs at our local no-kill animal shelter and help them get adopted. Plus i get a grade for it!!!!

I'm also in the process of beginning to pamphlet around campus. Thankfully i'm big and scary so people won't give me too much shit.

Right now I am working hard to promote the fundraising efforts going on through my youngest pup, Proby's rescue, measlesanimalhaven.org. They have had a lot of pups get sick this year in their care (no fault of their own) and had to spend a lot of money on a lot of pups (including my Proby), so we really want to help them out. He modeled for one of their Christmas card designs.

Also, I am working to promote the pinupsforpitbulls.com calendar, which Proby also modeled for!

Dog rescue has been my big thing for a few years, specifically breed-specific rescue because I think "bad breed" dogs really need all the help they can get right now. I've also donated money to fight BSL (breed specific legislation) because too many places are banning breeds of dogs and it's a scary thing to have to move or be faced with losing a family member.

Thanks for sharing Nicole!!

Great cause!

I've never understood the logic behind banning specific breeds.

I think banning specific owners is a better idea

Right now I am working hard to promote the fundraising efforts going on through my youngest pup, Proby's rescue, measlesanimalhaven.org. They have had a lot of pups get sick this year in their care (no fault of their own) and had to spend a lot of money on a lot of pups (including my Proby), so we really want to help them out. He modeled for one of their Christmas card designs.

Also, I am working to promote the pinupsforpitbulls.com calendar, which Proby also modeled for!

Dog rescue has been my big thing for a few years, specifically breed-specific rescue because I think "bad breed" dogs really need all the help they can get right now. I've also donated money to fight BSL (breed specific legislation) because too many places are banning breeds of dogs and it's a scary thing to have to move or be faced with losing a family member.

I'm creating perhaps the world's largest vegan gathering in November:

www.veganholidayfestival.com

We're listed in mulitple magazines, the newspaper, radio, over 10,000 flyers, e-mailed more than 10,000 eco-friendly people in the area, and we've brought in the best vegan exhibitors, chefs, and speakers around.

www.veganholidayfestival.com

After this, I'll work on new projects, but this has taken over my life over the past couple of months. It's going to make a huge impact on society around here.

Robert, that is just a mammoth project!!

I'll have to pick your brain on this later.

I've been toying with the idea of organizing an event in Winnipeg to promote veg*nism

I think that if even 1 person goes vegan as a result, its time well spent!!!

thanks for all your hard work Robert!

what kind of event are you thinking of Jubbl-U?

I had been regularly going to the animal shelter to walk dogs each week, but I fell out of that routine when I got a girlfriend. This thread has reminded me that I used to do that, I should get back to it. Only other thing I do is free design work for animal activist groups like ALF, Peta, or whoever needs it if they're an ethical company working towards a real goal. Also offer discounts to vegans in general