LOST TV series (includes spoilers)

JW

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I FINALLY WATCHED "THE VARIABLES" episode. I liked it. Your right it didn't give much new info but it was putting the pieces of the puzzle together a bit. As soon as I started watching I thought Charles is Daniels father and when that was revealed I was like I KNEW IT! I will be very upset if Daniel dies. I really like that character. I cried when charlie died, I get a little to into it sometimes. I am afraid he might after how he was explaining to Jack that this is there present and they can die. Miles screwed the whole thing up. He always has a bad attitude! What is desmond going to do now? Glad he is ok. It should be interesting to see how "the hatch" happens. Remember the schematic that was on the hatch door when locke got stuck under it. I've always wanted to see what that was about. oh and the numbers.. Wouldn't be surprised is charles kidnapped charlie (des and penny's child) just to get desmond back to the island or something.

You guys remember the older episodes better than I do. When this whole series is over I might get the DVDs and go back and watch them.

I regret to inform you that Faraday is likely dead.

Too much forshadowing - "Any one of us can die in the present"

-And Eloise in the flash forward - "I sent my son back knowing full well..."

That and the producers said that a major character will die near the end of Season 5 on the LOST podcast earlier in the year. So Danny's probably really dead.

HOWEVER - with all the time jumping around, we can still see Davies playing Faraday in the show, just either in the future or past, so that is all good.

And yes, I cried when Charlie died, but that was before all the time traveling, so I kind of thought his character would never be seen again (and it pretty much wasn't). That's different with Faraday.

---

Also, Sayid... relevant or irrelevant these days? What do you think he's been doing in the jungle??? Bangin a younger version of Rouseau (she's kinda cute, funny that she tortures him later...)

I suspect Faraday is dead too.

However, what makes it sooo critical that Faraday isn't allowed to change the future?

So critical that his own mother knowingly allows him to go to meet his death.

Faraday was planning on destroying the island...so we have to assume that the island is more important to his mother than he is.

Elloise, Ben, Locke, Widmore....they are all so incredibly passionate about the island.....

I agree faraday is most likely dead. I will have my tissues ready for wednesday night. But it is still confusing to me because we have seen him in the future. I don't understand how his mother would have known to kill him in the past etc. we know the hatch ends up getting build because he couldn't change things but how did he get back to the island. if his father sent him on sub for research why can't his father get back to the island himself? so confusing... I have a feeling locke will have to be involved with the next episode because he has to get them back to the present or they will be stuck in the 70s forever it seems. I think love sayid and can't wait for his character to have more of a role again. Maybe he will join up with locke.

That and the producers said that a major character will die near the end of Season 5 on the LOST podcast earlier in the year. So Danny's probably really dead.

This is true, but they weren't talking about Faraday. There's another one coming, and it's bigger. Charlie-level big, apparently.

I agree faraday is most likely dead. I will have my tissues ready for wednesday night. But it is still confusing to me because we have seen him in the future. I don't understand how his mother would have known to kill him in the past etc.

His mother didn't know anything special. She saw him with a gun leveled at Alpert, so she shot him.

we know the hatch ends up getting build because he couldn't change things but how did he get back to the island. if his father sent him on sub for research why can't his father get back to the island himself? so confusing...

His father didn't send him on the sub. He went with other Dharma scientists to Ann Arbor to do research. He came back the same way. His father is on the island the whole time, but doesn't know that Faraday is his son from the future.

30 years later, Charles has been exiled and cannot get back to the island, but that's a different matter. Clearly there are some rules about coming from and going to the Island that we're still not privy to.

However, what makes it sooo critical that Faraday isn't allowed to change the future?

It's not that Faraday in particular isn't allowed. As far as we know, nobody can change the future. The best you can do is force a minor course-correction, and Desmond is the only one who has been able to do so. Of course, Desmond is apparently also unique in space-time, so he might have more latitude to change future events than anyone else does.

Faraday was planning on destroying the island...so we have to assume that the island is more important to his mother than he is.

Faraday wasn't going to destroy the Island. A leaky jughead wouldn't be enough. He was just going to counter the Swan energy. Plus, if his mother didn't want him to destroy the Island, it would be easier just not to send him there in the first place.

30 years later, Charles has been exiled and cannot get back to the island, but that's a different matter. Clearly there are some rules about coming from and going to the Island that we're still not privy to.

They did mention a while ago that Charles wasn't allowed back because he had an affair with someone from off the island, presumably Penny's mother.

They did mention a while ago that Charles wasn't allowed back because he had an affair with someone from off the island, presumably Penny's mother.

That's why he was exiled, sure, but it doesn't necessarily explain why he hasn't gone back. Why didn't he go with the freighter? Why doesn't Ellie help him find the Island? Does he require particular circumstances to return, as the Oceanic Six did?

It's not that Faraday in particular isn't allowed. As far as we know, nobody can change the future. The best you can do is force a minor course-correction, and Desmond is the only one who has been able to do so. Of course, Desmond is apparently also unique in space-time, so he might have more latitude to change future events than anyone else does.

I meant that Elloise and Widmore would not allow it. They seemed to know full well what would befall Faraday if he returned to the island.

Faraday wasn't going to destroy the Island. A leaky jughead wouldn't be enough. He was just going to counter the Swan energy. Plus, if his mother didn't want him to destroy the Island, it would be easier just not to send him there in the first place.

jughead = the A-bomb??

hmmm.... I would have thought that a blast of that magnitude would be enough to destroy the island either from the explosion or the unleashing of the islands energy.

I took Elloise's sending of Farday to the island as a last ditch effort to save the island. She knew what he was planning and both her and Widmore seemed very aware of the fate which would befall him.

this will be very interesting....

know what you mean. My friend has given up on the show completely because of the never ending stream of questions. They just HAVE to start piecing it together soon! There isn't really that much time left.

aaaarggghhh!! I'm starting to think about where people are now... like: okay where and when is Ben? Sayid etc..... so much to remember

I think desmond will be back on the island and I think walt will too. Both had very special powers on the island. I am still wondering about michael. did he survive the explosion like jin did? I am curious to see this week why faraday got shot by his mother. She tells penny later that this is the first time in a long time she didn't know what was going to happen. She knew she was going to shoot daniel i just don't know why she had to. I am still hoping he makes it through. what about the others from the recent guam plane crash that landed in 2007? Are they all dead? I only saw a couple of them die so i don't think so. why is no one paying attention to them at all?

I think desmond will be back on the island and I think walt will too. Both had very special powers on the island. I am still wondering about michael. did he survive the explosion like jin did? I am curious to see this week why faraday got shot by his mother. She tells penny later that this is the first time in a long time she didn't know what was going to happen. She knew she was going to shoot daniel i just don't know why she had to. I am still hoping he makes it through. what about the others from the recent guam plane crash that landed in 2007? Are they all dead? I only saw a couple of them die so i don't think so. why is no one paying attention to them at all?

Michael is dead. Faraday is dead. That doesn't mean they can't appear in flashbacks or as hallucinations, but they are dead dead dead.

Faraday was shot by his mother because he was threatening Alpert. From Young Ellie's perspective, she saw a guy pointing a gun at Alpert, decided she needed to do something about it, and shot the guy holding the gun. That's all. She didn't know he was from the future, that he was her son, or anything like that.

The 316 crash survivors are on the beach with Lapidus. The last we saw of them, Ilana was carrying a mysterious metal box and asking, "What lies in the shadow of the statue?" She then knocked out Lapidus and we've seen nothing of them since. There weren't many people on the plane, only about 20-25, and most of them survived or were transported to 1977.

i am not accepting the deaths yet. LOL! We also saw them in the van with miles in the past when they were trying to convince him to come to the island so I think they will have a bigger part of the story soon. Especially since I think they work for Ben. Didn't ben owe miles money in one of the past seasons? I seem to remember miles guarding ben and taking him somewhere and asking for money.

i am not accepting the deaths yet. LOL! We also saw them in the van with miles in the past when they were trying to convince him to come to the island so I think they will have a bigger part of the story soon. Especially since I think they work for Ben. Didn't ben owe miles money in one of the past seasons? I seem to remember miles guarding ben and taking him somewhere and asking for money.

Yup, Bram was in the van and on the plane. He and Ilana definitely have something going on. Whether they work for Ben or Widmore or someone else, I don't know.

Ben didn't owe Miles money. Miles asked Ben for $3.2 million in exchange for telling Widmore's people that Ben was dead. That's twice the $1.6 million offered by Widmore (via Naomi) and the same amount he demanded from Bram in the van.

Yes!!! hang on to your theories!!

ANYTHING can happen in this show

The reason I still think Michael is alive is like Jin we never actually saw him die. Also more importantly when Locke went to visit Walt. Walt asked about his dad and locke did not tell him that he was dead and locke is not a liar. I think that additional passengers on the plane were working for ben although it appears that they didn;t know him so maybe not. Only because when widmore wanted myles to go to the island this group was telling him he was on the wrong side of the fight. I'm wondering if Jacob isn't what they are all looking for behind the statue. Since Ben lost his ability to find him.