LOST TV series (includes spoilers)

JW

YES! and I LOVED IT! I couldn't even look over at the clock when I was watching it because I didn't want it to be over. I thought it was a very good episode. So good in fact I didn't even mind Faraday dying. Happy to see Sayid is back in the story. Such a great character. So now Locke beat death and he is empowered. Just hope this whole Jacob thing doesn't turn wizard of Ozesque. It was good to learn more about Richard. Was a little confused by Locke watching himself what time are they really in? That happened in the past - how are they watching it now? Richard said they all die but he didn't know that ben killed john so I am not sure about him anymore. Kate was upsetting me last night. I just felt she was being ridiculous. She has broken Jacks heart how many times and then she is going to play the love card. Glad jack didn't by into that one. And of course she ends up back to Sawyer. Predictable. I never know what to make of Ben and I like that. Is locke bringing him along to be judged by jacob for killing him? Why the pilgrammage? Is this when the dharma end? and the others start living in the houseing? I Know ben was supposed to Gas them. How are they going to get that bomb out of the tunnels? How come we never see this temple? How are Sawyer, Kate, Juliette getting off the sub? In the previews for the finale it looks like they were back on the island. I really can't wait to hear what everyone else thinks OH and to watch the finale next week!

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and was it just me or did Richard appear a bit unsettled? even a bit fearful?

I enjoyed Locke's exchange with Ben when he challenged Ben about having never actuall seeing Jacob.

the Wizard of Oz comment rings with me too.

perhaps John is planning to expose a great myth

Was a little confused by Locke watching himself what time are they really in? That happened in the past - how are they watching it now?

Undead-Locke, Ben, and Sun are in 2007. The Locke/Alpert encounter in the downed Beechcraft didn't happen in the "past," except in that Undead-Locke had already lived through it. When Locke and the others were jumping through time, they jumped, from a baseline of 2004, into the past and the future. So you had Undead-Locke sending 2007 Alpert into the Beechcraft to take the bullet out of 2004 Locke.

Richard said they all die but he didn't know that ben killed john so I am not sure about him anymore.

2007 Alpert said the Losties stuck in 1977 die in the Incident. He knows that because he was there. (At least he thinks that's what he saw, but he could be wrong.) He didn't know that Ben killed Locke because that happened off-Island just recently.

Is this when the dharma end? and the others start living in the houseing? I Know ben was supposed to Gas them.

That was the Purge, and it occurred in December 1992.

and was it just me or did Richard appear a bit unsettled? even a bit fearful?

I enjoyed Locke's exchange with Ben when he challenged Ben about having never actuall seeing Jacob.

the Wizard of Oz comment rings with me too.

perhaps John is planning to expose a great myth

I agree richard didn't seem his usual stoic self. It some ways I liked it because he seemed more alive. Althought it was a bit disconcerting too. locke and ben are always fun. I don't know what locke is up to but i've never really understood "the others". I mean they live in tents on some island. If they have all of these wonderful powers shouldn't they be doing something more than just sitting around camp?

Blahbbate - your lost knowledge is impressive. how do you keep it all together?

wouldn't surprise me at all.

especially since a few references have been made that make it clear that "once you are dead, there's no coming back from that...."

makes sense ...

Can't believe that it is the finale already!

I am very excited for wednesday's finale. Looks like there is some special lost episode on first. I think it is probably a recap show of some sort. Locke is not himself. He would never say he was going to kill someone. I think he has joined the likes of christian on the show. Perhaps that is the group of the "others" that they were referring to as being at the temple. The "undead" characters than seem to play an important role on the island.

I am very excited for wednesday's finale. Looks like there is some special lost episode on first. I think it is probably a recap show of some sort. Locke is not himself. He would never say he was going to kill someone.

I think Jacob wants to die, though. When he asked Locke for help, he sounded pretty desperate. Locke killing him would be an act of mercy.

Yes I watched all 3 hours. I thought they did a good job with the recap show putting things back in chronological order and explaining why certain things happened. However I wasn't that excited about the season finale. I always enjoy watching lost so I don't want it to seem like I am complaining. I am just usually more thrilled with previous season finales when compared to this one. So who is locke now? Obviously jacob's nemesis from the opening sequence of the shoe but who is that guy? I was surprised ben was able to kill jacob. I shouldn't be surprised by anything that ben does already but he still gets me. So jacob hand selected all of these people as if he knew what they would do with their lives before they even do it. If he know all of this why let linus come and see him. It seems almost like we are going back to basic biblical stuff. good vs. evil. with evil appearing to people and tempting them to do things etc. I know we have been having this free will fate debate forever on the show. So I guess Juliet is really dead but I don't think the bomb is going to end up having the desired effect where all of this never happened and they will just be in LA in 2007 because why bring the whole other group of people to meet the others etc last night if they are just not going to exist now. The blast will probably plunge that island into another time yet again. When I first started watching the show I thought the title lost referred to how they were lost on the island, then to how they were lost in time, and now it is almost like they are able to communicate with those they have lost. As if they are never really dead to you. My husband did not see the episode last night so I most likely will watch it again with him and maybe I will feel better about it the second time. We never really found out why richard or jacob don't age. so are the new people there to try to get charles back on the island? are desmond? walt? going to have to save them after the blast? looks like we will be back to the love triangle now that juliet is gone. i am going to miss sayid if he died too. so what do you all think?

Wow!! it's hard to know where to start with all the questions and observations...

Appears as though Jacob and Richard (Ricardus??) and the other guy are immortal.

Jacob has been bringing people to the island for a very long time which is something the other guy does not approve of.

The other guy for some reason can not kill Jacob and needs a "loophole"

I imagine that Locke (the other guy) gaining access to Jacob's home under the guise of being the leader of the others and bringing the former leader would constitute the loophole?

Why would Jacob respond so flippantly to Ben when his life was in danger? He explains his choices but then says " What ABOUT you? " ????

I wonder what Jacob's reasoning is for bringing people to the island?

And why does he handpick them?

Immortal? Extraterrestial? who are these guys?

Then there's the bomb!!! What impact will it have? If it does change things, then Jacob will probably be alive. Or will the belief that you can't change the future ring true?

I can't believe we have to wait until 2010!!!! aaaaaaaarrrrrgggghhh!!!!

we could come up with some crazy theories after that episode!

The statue I think was of Sobek. Thought at first it was Anubis, what with the judging and all, but the statue looked like it had a crocodile head.

Set was eventually demonized by the Egyptians, and images of Sobek replaced Set on temples. Sobek was a fertility god, and the repairer of evil. Maybe the guy who Jacob was talking to at the beginning is Set, and Jacob is Sobek.

I'm guessing "the other guy" who looks like Locke now, was the guy they showed with Jacob who said he wants to kill him.

They aren't allowed to /aren't able to kill each other. Maybe it's some god (or whatever they are) rule they've got. The gods are not able to kill each other and the loophole was that Ben, a mortal, did it and not Locke-guy.

The people from the plane who had Locke's body are some sort of Sobekite cult.

As far as the hand-picking, I'm thinking maybe original guesses weren't so far off, and the island is some type of purgatory where their souls are being judged, or they are making up for the wrongs they've done in their lives.

The statue I think was of Sobek. Thought at first it was Anubis, what with the judging and all, but the statue looked like it had a crocodile head.

The general consensus for the statue has been Taweret, with a few Anubis-y features, but Sobek fits much better now that we've seen a side-view. It's strange he doesn't have a sundisk or headdress, though.

Set was eventually demonized by the Egyptians, and images of Sobek replaced Set on temples. Sobek was a fertility god, and the repairer of evil. Maybe the guy who Jacob was talking to at the beginning is Set, and Jacob is Sobek.

The two big, obvious parallels are Jacob/Esau and Sobek/Set (and Apep/Ra). Or maybe they're all good/evil abstractions. I'm just happy we're getting a sense of what this big war might be that everyone keeps talking about.

They aren't allowed to /aren't able to kill each other. Maybe it's some god (or whatever they are) rule they've got. The gods are not able to kill each other and the loophole was that Ben, a mortal, did it and not Locke-guy.

It has to be more complicated than that. They've had a lot of mortals wandering around the Island for the past few hundred years, so I find it hard to believe the Enemy couldn't have convinced one before.

As far as the hand-picking, I'm thinking maybe original guesses weren't so far off, and the island is some type of purgatory where their souls are being judged, or they are making up for the wrongs they've done in their lives.

I think they were selected to play out the game for Jacob and his Enemy. I don't know if there's something inherent to them that makes them suitable, or whether it's totally random, but Jacob seems to want to prove something.