Nice Vegan-friendly restaurant in Portland??

joelbct

www.nwveg.org

www.vegportland.com

I don't know about Romantic stuff, I go to the hippie vegan places, or trendy vegan places, and the neighborhood vegan places. There are also tons of veg-friendly places, lots of great Thai Food places, etc.

If something comes to mind I'll post it as soon as I can. But check out the restaurants on those lists.

Best of luck!

Heya Joel,

How do ya define "upscale" &/or "romantic"? Not knowing that & with the disclaimer that neither of those are terms that I personally tend to look for when dining out, here's a couple suggestions for ya:

* Kalga Kafé, 4147 SE Division St. (503) 236-4770

Features a variety of organic international cuisine including Thai and Indian. Vegan pizza, too. Organic beer and wine. Daily, 5pm – 12am

10% discount for Northwest VEG members

- I'm not real hot on this place but lots of folks seem to like it.

* Ya Hala Restaurant, 8005 SE Stark St. (503) 256-4484

Lebanese restaurant featuring an extensive menu, including several items marked vegan Mon-Sat, 11am - 9pm

- I haven't eaten here yet but it looks real nice & clearly marks vegan options on the menu.

Ya up for hanging out with VB&F folks while yr in town?

I don't know why I didn't think of Kalga right away. It seems to be romantic and "upscale" as well. It's a good "dating restaurant" I guess. Or date restaurant, however it is defined...or just a fun place to go. We had a nice gathering there during Vegan Vacation.

I hope you found a nice place to visit in PDX!