An Update on My Previous/Upcoming Appointment(s)

I went to see the holistic doctor last Thursday.  I was glad to see her.  When I was crying (about my circumstances) she encouraged me to get it out--I appreciated that. She read my most recent journal about my struggles and what I'm currently going through.

In terms of the menstruation, she referred me to a reputable

OB/GYN (at McGee Women's Hospital) who she knows and also happens to be a holistic health practicioner and who is an expert on things such

as menstruation, thyroid, endocrinology, etc.  She gave me 3 of here

contact numbers and told me to "keep trying" until I manage to get a

hold of her and book an appointment.  As well, she referred me to  2

practicioners (at CIM, like her) who practice biofeedback and practice

psychotherapy as a secondary component.  She also referred me to

another CIM practicioner who practices massage therapy (along with a

few other practices). Another thing I like is that the other practicioners I'll get to see, will also get to read my entries and will therefore know more about me. I have my biofeedback appointment today at 3.

I tried calling the OBGYN last week, but I needed another referral because one of her staff said she only will practice on women 35 or over

(frustrating).  I contacted my doctor yesterday to see if perhaps she

could manage to get in touch with the OBGYN and perhaps

have her take me as a "special case"--given my age.  Instead, she referred me to another OBGYN. I asked if this one has/had any practice in holistic health (like the OBGYN she previously referred me to). She said she does not, but that perhaps I could notify her in advance and make sure she consults with the previous OBGYN on working with me on a holistic approach.

I can't help but be worried. Like I've always said, I don't trust mainstream doctors. I also asked my holistic doctor if there's any way that I can make sure that they don't put me on a scale at my appointmet (with the OBGYN). I can't allow that to happen because just knowing that I'm on it (even if I weren't looking) has the potential of causing a relapse, which is why I avoid them at all costs. My holistic doctor understood/agreed with me and said that they would probably respect my wishes. She said that if they refused to not respect my wishes, that I should simply refuse to see them--emphasizing that being comfortable/on good terms with a doctor is important.

Any thoughts, advice, or feedback is welcome and appreciated.

Sounds like a plan .

I agree that if you ever feel uncomfortable with someone, then change. If it helps, just realize, you're not gonna hurt their feelings Many have done it to them before; they understand it's not personal.

I think we (especially women) think too much of others first. We need to say, "no" more often, not feel bad for doing so, and be our own advocates. I think it's great you seem to be doing well in that department. Taking charge of your self and making decisions on what *you* want and feel is fabulous woman-strength to the power of infinity .

I hate being referred endlessly. It's such a hassle! Hopefully, you'll not have to do too much switching around.

Thanks, _raVen_. I just called and booked an appointment for Tuesday, February 20 with the (secondly referred) OBGYN. After talking with the secretaries, they both said that she would honour my wishes and wouldn't want to risk anything or waste my time for that matter. Apparently this OBGYN is also a certified acupunturist.

I'm never afraid to voice my morals/ethics. I think I could also benefit from giving the OBGYN a list of things that I will and will not tolerate--including mentioning and defining my veganism--e.g. I won't tolerate shots, vaccines, hormones, medication, or anything non-vegan. If she's as good as her secretaries say, this shouldn't be a problem.

The secretaries said she'll only be able to treat something(s) if they're gynocologically-related, otherwise refer me to an endocrinologist. Perhaps it may be an additional referral rather than otherwise. I'm not sure.