opinions on my new training workbook

Looks alright, although I would replace the dumbell shoulder press with barbell push press as it'll build stregth a lot faster. And replace barbell curl with dumbell or log curl as barbell curl can be quite hard on the wirsts. Also don't expect to make too much progress on anything except the main lifts(bench, squat and deads) as if you're putting your all into them you'll be to tired to add much to the other weights. Don't worry as you'll still be getting bigger and stronger with just adding weight to the main 3, aiming to add weight to the others once a month or so is more reasonable. What was your plan for the heavy ab exercise?

And remember to EAT!

Haha, eating is my biggest limit as far as gains go.So maybe not the best to ask.

The best advice is to track what you eat and calories. If you don't gain weight you know you have eat more. To gain a pound a week you need about 500 calories extra a day.

For what to eat make sure you eat lot's of veggies and fruit. Beans are good too. Those aren't very high calorie but important for health. Cooking things in olive oil helps up the calories. Drinking juice is a good way to get easy calories. Most active men need over 3000 calories a day to gain weight. So maybe start at 3500 and if you aren't gaining as fast as you want add more. The number of meals isn't the most important but more is good.

Really keeping track of what you eat is the best way to judge what you need to change if things aren't working.

Good luck!

I'm been training seriously for only a year, off and on for 5 before that. In the last year I've doubled my almost doubled my overhead press, added 55 pounds to my bench, added about 70 pounds to squat, and added 160 pounds to my deadlift. The weights that were max lifts for me then are now just plain easy I warmup for deads now with more then I could even lift back then!

I was 150 pounds when I started and only weight 155 pounds now. I was up to 165 pounds once but I lost 10 pounds when my wife and I split up and almost 15 when I had bronchitis so higher weight gain is typical.

Just to add for about a year before I started training hard I was still going to the gym 3 days a week every weak but didn't make much progress until I started a 5x5 program. Now I often work work up to heavy singles. Check out my log if you want - it's linked in my sig.

I don't undrestand your log.

Bench Press:

10x20kg

5x43kg

3x5x61kg

2x3x61kg

What are you actually doing here? Shouldn't it be 5 x 60 kg or something?

And question. You had 1 rep max of 68kg in the beginning. What's it now?

I don't undrestand your log.

Bench Press:

10x20kg

5x43kg

3x5x61kg

2x3x61kg

What are you actually doing here? Shouldn't it be 5 x 60 kg or something?

And question. You had 1 rep max of 68kg in the beginning. What's it now?

It means I did 10 reps with the bars, 5 at 43kg, then 3 sets of 5 reps at 61kg, and then 2 sets of 3 reps at 61kg. I wasn't feeling strong enough to make a 5x5. I'm not doing 5x5 right now, but think I'll be going back to it soon. It's good to change your program every so often. I've benched 75kg since I started that log. Bench is a weak point and something I need to work on. The log is just for the past 5 months however. I have an older log for May 2006 to the end of December 2006, last May my bench max was 50kg.