Sending stuff to the UK

robert

is a pain in the #$$

I ship things to about 20 countries on a regular basis, but no place gives me more problems than the UK!

I sent boxes there that never arrived, some had up to $150 worth of stuff in them.

Recently I shipped about $500 worth of stuff to the UK for the Bristol Vegan Fayre, the world's largest Vegan Festival, and it hasn't arrived yet. The event starts in about 48 hours. I paid about $200 for a booth there, spent nearly $100 on shipping and sent about $500 worth of stuff, and none of it has been received. Basically I'll have an empty booth at the event if stuff doesn't arrive. I won't be attending, but Pete from www.veganbodybuilding.org is a HUGE help and is operating the stall for me, along with his stall which is next to mine.

Maybe it's still on the way and maybe I should have sent it sooner, but I've had a rough history sending boxes to the UK! Small packages have always arrived just fine, but boxes don't always seem to make it there.

Anyone know what's going on over there??????????????????????

I have never had an issue shipping there and I ship there almost daily. What method did you use to ship?

Ooops....just thought, very early into my business I used to ship USPS priority and it would take 30-45 days to arrive. Stopped using that method and us USPS Global Express or FedEx International Priority.

Our postal service over here sucks !! I have lost so much stuff when posting inland, some never even got out of the post office before being stolen.

I don't want to worry you more but we also have a threat of a postal strike here at the moment, so that will no doubt make matters even worse - if thats possible.

Kelly

Hey cupcake Kelly, I had heard the same about mail in the UK from someone in the UK. I really should have sent it many weeks in advance rather than 2 weeks in advance but maybe it won't even show up at all.

If you see about 50 postal workers wearing Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness shirts please let me know

It's too bad because I obviously wanted stuff there for the Bristol Fayre which I spent a lot of money on (hoping to sell shirts and DVDs that are in boxes somewhere) but oh well, an empty booth is a cool place to hang out at I guess. There will be other events too and Pete can just hang on to the stuff when it does arrive.

Yay! Pete just informed me one box arrived and I think it was the box with 20 shirts in it because I sent that one first. Another one has 8 shirts, some DVDs, etc. but that package will have to wait until the next festival over there.

Glad to know boxes are arriving this time I hope some of you can attend the Bristol Vegan Fayre. Check out the events section for more details.

Yeah. I don't mean to diss them, it's just a reality. I've had multiple lost boxes in the past and some stuff sent was valuable/important to me. I've heard from multiple people in the UK that they have problems with the postal service. I'm sure many countries, territories and cities do, I've just had the most frustration experiences with the UK, that's all.

I'm also glad a box made it. I should have sent things earlier, so that was my bad for sure. I'm just happy it wasn't lost.

I can't go to Bristol but do you think the guy organising your stand would sell me a tshirt if I paid postage and packing plus however much they cost ? I feel I should grab the opportunity whilst your merchandise is actually in the same country as me, unless of course they all sell out at the fair.