Training in this God Awful Heat!

I haven't been able to train regularly and lift as heavy as I want because it's fuggin' hot! I don't know what the weather is like in the rest of the North America, however people are literally melting on the streets of Philadelphia. There is an excessive heat warning in Philly.

I train in my apartment, I have 2 fans, and I consume plenty of water. If I lift LIGHTER WEIGHTS! I don't feel like I've accomplished anything.

I love it!!!
Big, I'm dead serious and being sarcastic at the same time. For the rest of the summer I think I'll do push-ups, pull-ups, assisted HSP, squat and DL until the weather cools down. I'll lose some overhead pressing and power clean/snatch strength, however I'll be able to regain it in a short period of time. If I stop squatting and DL I'll lose a lot more strength and it'll take longer to regain it.

Anyone who doesn't live in Philly has no idea how fuggin' humid it is in the summertime.

It's been heating up and staying humid in North Texas. It can make for an oppressive workout, but I've been downing plenty of fruit and doing things outside when the sun's not directly above. It's not comfortable, but it feels good.

Lifting in the heat gets me, but walking and jogging...it's kinda nice.

I've been in Texas twenty three years to the day. I never, ever thought I'd say, "Texas heat is kinda nice," but there it is.

I love it!!!
Big, I'm dead serious and being sarcastic at the same time. For the rest of the summer I think I'll do push-ups, pull-ups, assisted HSP, squat and DL until the weather cools down. I'll lose some overhead pressing and power clean/snatch strength, however I'll be able to regain it in a short period of time. If I stop squatting and DL I'll lose a lot more strength and it'll take longer to regain it.

Anyone who doesn't live in Philly has no idea how fuggin' humid it is in the summertime.

If doing that is easier for you then you ain't training hard enough!!!

I love working out in the sun/heat, I do hill sprints and calisthenics, it's great!

I haven't been able to train regularly and lift as heavy as I want because it's fuggin' hot! I don't know what the weather is like in the rest of the North America, however people are literally melting on the streets of Philadelphia. There is an excessive heat warning in Philly.

I train in my apartment, I have 2 fans, and I consume plenty of water. If I lift LIGHTER WEIGHTS! I don't feel like I've accomplished anything.

You may want to join a local gym for the summertime. That way you can workout in some A/C during the summer. Alot of gyms do $99 specials for the summer. It might be worth the small investment so that you can keep training thru the hot months. Peace.

I love it!!!

If doing that is easier for you then you ain't training hard enough!!!

I love working out in the sun/heat, I do hill sprints and calisthenics, it's great!

I'd add something here.

I played 2-3 hours of volleyball on pretty much an empty stomach. Guess what I ate.

Fruits. - Watermelon. - Not even a lot of water.. but Watermelon.

Lots of cold chopped watermelon.

Try it out.

PS: There are a lot of foods which acts BODY COOLANTS. Its part of the SUMMER routine in India. Moms would feed the following things:

- Watermelon with / without Rock Salt sprinkled

- "Raw" (i.e. Unripe) Mango pulp (this needs to be typically very SOUR) + Diluted with water + Sugar (or use your sweetner) + Some herbs, salt, etc. (Anyone interested - I'll get the receipe)

Mangos ripen when kept out at room temperature.. In India we look at Raw Mangoes as a COOL food & Ripe Mangoes as GARAM (hot) food. Why? If you have excess of Ripe Mango in India as a kid, you will possibly get nose bleeds - I know its happened to a bunch of us.

BUT I can remember - after having that Raw Mango Juice Blend - I could go out in the Indian heat.. and not Feel it through the entire day.

- Earthen Pot cooled diluted Buttermilk with some herbs

- Lemonade with some herbs.

- Cucumber

Bunch of other things that I cant remember.