Stress and diet

I have weeks when there's alot of pressure. That causes muscle tension/weakness, making it harder to do my physical type of work.

What's the best and or healthiest diet for these times?

I'm open to alot of different diets. I've eaten fruitarian and raw.

Right now I've been eating raw for 8 days, and some stressful things came up. I think the diet is making the weakness worse. Is it OK to keep eating raw, even with the anxiety?

Edited by New World Vegan

Some of the stress could come from thinking about food too much. Within reason(no multiple quart binges of soy delicious) maybe you should try just eating what you want. It seems like you eat pretty well now but if you still have trouble maybe try letting up a bit.

I figured there'd be more replies here. Stress is such a big factor in human health.

veganpotter - I used to stress out over food, but not much now. My stress lever rose due to pressure to get a progect at work finished faster than possible.

Stress is already bad for health....but does a different way of eating compound the stress?

A different way of eating can be stressful in itself. Eating really crappy food can make you feel great mentally(of course its bad for you) while going to a healthy diet can really stress someone out if its not something they're used to or something they enjoy. I'm much healthier now than I was when I was eating tons of food but its very stressful limiting myself. I normally don't go much over 2000 calories of food a day but at the same time I'm not completely happy with what I've eaten unless I eat 5,000 to 6,000 calories. Sure the weight gain would be stressful for my cycling but the food itself would really get rid of some of my stress. There hasn't been anything in my life as stressful as not eating as much as I like eating for the past two years.

A different way of eating can be stressful in itself. Eating really crappy food can make you feel great mentally(of course its bad for you) while going to a healthy diet can really stress someone out if its not something they're used to or something they enjoy. I'm much healthier now than I was when I was eating tons of food but its very stressful limiting myself. I normally don't go much over 2000 calories of food a day but at the same time I'm not completely happy with what I've eaten unless I eat 5,000 to 6,000 calories. Sure the weight gain would be stressful for my cycling but the food itself would really get rid of some of my stress. There hasn't been anything in my life as stressful as not eating as much as I like eating for the past two years.