Testosterone Levels

Tucson

I actually got a full body workup last year as part of my corporate health screening program. I got the who enchilada.....bone density scan, stress-echo-cardiogram, hormone tests, blood.mineral test...etc.

I was fine across the board (vegetarian for 21 years...since I was 7 y/o and vegan for 6 years).

In fact, my bone density was above average (to the chagrin of my doctor . I'd attribute this to my running/yoga and lifting. My testoterone was also at the 80-th percentile (well above average). I have no idea what this means....I'm a pretty slender guy....but doctors said it wasnt a bad thing so not to worry about it.

I was actually happy to put this issue to bed...cause it was lingering in the back of my mind for a while.

I'm a vegetarian, but I think it's safe to say that vegans and vegetarians don't have lower testosterone levels than meat eaters. I'm only 16 and have no education in this field, but it seems like the same argument that vegans don't get as much protein. It's just not true. I have much broader shoulders, more hair, and a much deeper voice than most other kids my age, and I know like only 1 or 2 other vegetarians (they're Hindu).

I mean...look at all the men in the world that eat meat. A ton of them look like they haven't gone through puberty, as with some vegetarians and vegans probably. I doubt eating meat has anything to do with testosterone levels....

Just my 2 cents.