Radical envrionmentalist/chicken killer to speak in PDX

CountAgranoff

Derrick Jensen if you don't know writes eco-philoshpy books that are for the most part brillant. However as wonderful and right on as his critical comments of our modern civilaztion is he ruins it by taking part in the most brutal aspect of our culture. He devotes a whole chapter of his book to giving graphic details about the chickens he enslaves, dismembers and consumes in his own life.

I was already working on a flyer to counter the rise of anti-vegan propaganda in green anarchist circles already but the huge ticket price has forced me to finish the flyer so I can leaflet outside the event.

I wrote a whole blog piece about the subject... www.davidagranoff.blogspot.com

Wednesdsay, December 19, I'll be in Portland, OR. Here are the details:

For Immediate Release

Derrick Jensen Q and A

[email protected]

Mythmedia Presents: Q and A with Derrick Jensen

Wednesday December 19th, 7pm @ Disjecta (230 E. Burnside)

Advance Tickets $15, Door $18 (tickets @ www.mythmedia.org)

“Civilization is not and can never be sustainable.”

This is the first of fourteen premises in author Derrick Jensen’s revolutionary book Endgame. For the last decade Jensen has written articles and books concerning the problems of civilization and what we must do about them. In Endgame Jensen challenges the values and tactics of some of histories most influential pacifists, the sustainability™ movement and the painful games we play with those in power while trying to save what is left of our environment. The last time Jensen came to Portland, the Q and A went late into the night and ended with many questions unanswered. This time around Jensen is throwing out the reading and going straight to the Q and A!

His most recent work, As The World Burns: 50 Simple Things You Can Do To Stay In Denial, is a hilarious graphic novel that he co-wrote with Stephanie McMillan, author of the popular online comic Minimum Security. This new book will be available for purchase at the event.

MYTHMEDIA was founded in 2002 by a group of high school dropouts who all agree on one thing: that civilization is going out of style fast! Our mission is to facilitate provocative and innovative ideas for a sustainable future using cutting edge media. www.mythmedia.org

Heya Dave,

I was thinking about checking out Jensen's talk but probably wont due to the cost. I appreciated reading your critique as I've been thinking a lot about issues around re-wilding & it's overlap with veganism. I'm not sure that I've reached a conclusion yet but in general I agree with what ya wrote.

I always hope that we humans will wake up & make a peaceful revolution before things get worse than they already are & before we lose even more of all that is wild & free... Failing that, the "28 Days Later" scenario sure dont sound too bad either!

Ps. No mercy for zombies!