Cyclists help me a find a bike...please

I'm sure it will be but an extra 8lbs of bike and mountain bike geometry isn't all that suitable for those hills. Its still better of course.

My bike weighs 32lbs. You're sayin this mountain bikes going to be heavier than that?

I really hate to buy a bike before riding it, but this seems like a deal: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250220108000&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:Watchlink:middle:us

Im not sure what size frame medium is though.

My bike weighs 32lbs. You're sayin this mountain bikes going to be heavier than that?

I really hate to buy a bike before riding it, but this seems like a deal: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250220108000&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:Watchlink:middle:us

I was comparing that bike to an average priced/entry level road bike that would be around 19lbs. As for the Norco its hard to tell what kind of components it has. SRAM means nothing...it can mean really incredible shifting components...or it can mean entry level. I wish this guy specified what level they are.

I was comparing that bike to an average priced/entry level road bike that would be around 19lbs. As for the Norco its hard to tell what kind of components it has. SRAM means nothing...it can mean really incredible shifting components...or it can mean entry level. I wish this guy specified what level they are.

I know. I doesn't look like its in "Mint Condition" either. Here'sthe specs from the site.

Thats a really heavy estimated weight...even for a steel bike. Its got a lot of penny pincher components on it. Its not a bad bike but you'll need to replace stuff pretty often if you beat it up at all.

Thats a really heavy estimated weight...even for a steel bike. Its got a lot of penny pincher components on it. Its not a bad bike but you'll need to replace stuff pretty often if you beat it up at all.
I think I jumped the gun on this one. My friend just checked that auction, and also suggested this was an unwise choice. Damn. Shipping this back to calgary probably won't be cheap either. Hopefully he'll consider a refund.

He said he would but I wouldn't send it back. I think his constraint were more on the lines of the bike not fitting its description...not for someone making the wrong choice. I suggest selling it locally...it'll probably make up for the shipping costs.

• 2 weeks later...

Back again with more questions to annoy

2007 19 inch Specialized Rockhopper Comp Disc

Fork: RockShox Tora 302 SL

Wheels: Sun Rhino Lite with Shimano XT hubs

Hayes hydraulic brakes with Avid BB-5 discs

Crankset: Shimano Deore XT Hollowtech

SPD type pedals

Bars: Easton EA50

Stem: Easton EA30

$878 - Sound decent?