skateboarding

Hero

today I went skateboarding for my first time on a concrete skatepark. and after a couple years of not skating, I sucked. I could push myself around, but I totally forget how to ollie and do flip tricks.

I am gonna skateboard to cross-train for snowboarding, but I feel like such a fool cause even an 8 yr old kid schooled me.

I can confirm that Topher sucked at skateboarding. Just kidding!

He is much better than me. I was a vegan skater kid for a while before I started pressing 100-lb dumbbells in each hand.

He went skating and I went for a nearly 2-mile run as a warm-up for our leg workout.

Then we trained legs for a good hour, and I hopped on the bike for another 30 minutes and then did some abs exercises for another 10 minutes. It was a long night of training and now we're back at the OSU Library, kickin it Vegan Bodybuilding Style.

I might start skateboarding a tiny bit again with Toph-dogg as long as I'm careful not to hurt myself and hinder my bodybuilding progress.

Thin Thin SkaterDude Him

today I went skateboarding for my first time on a concrete skatepark. and after a couple years of not skating, I sucked. I could push myself around, but I totally forget how to ollie and do flip tricks.

I am gonna skateboard to cross-train for snowboarding, but I feel like such a fool cause even an 8 yr old kid schooled me.

15 or so years of skating has fucked some of my lower joints a fair bit...but i went out for a skate the other day, first in a few years, by the sounds of it i haven't regressed so much as you have but it's still a bit scary committing to things for the first half hour or so till you get the feel for your board again.

http://www.thehiatus.com/test1.mov

that's a little video of the other day, in the rain no less.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...