Full Body Program

What worked best for me is legs on day and upper body the next...complete demolition of the muscles with a pseudo rest day. I never actually rested my legs since I threw the shot/disc every day and also did some speed work. This was a 7 day a week deal...maybe 2 days off a month at most unless I ran into an injury.

If you warm up will you can get most of the soreness out. Also I find you get much stronger lifting sore. It would take days for me and my training partners to recover from our pains...even up to 4 days for one muscle group if we ever did take off. Thats part of the game...you've just gotta learn to like the pain as Aaarnold says.

haha yeah. everytime i skip a workout because of soreness (it's not that often, maybe once every two months) i feel really ashamed and avoid all arnold movies and pics because i feel like a dissapointment in his eyes.

i can train with the soreness, i've done it a couple of times but i still feel weaker and i don't think i get as much out of the training as i could if i wait a day or so.

You are weaker but you won't be once you rest. Thats the point. When we lift we're constantly damaging our muscles/bodies. But then it repairs itself. If its already a little beat up before you start lifting...then you rest/taper for a max or event you're even stronger.

I started working out with a full body 3X a week routine and used it for quite a long time. Like Marcina said, it is great for burning calories. The only trouble with it is you want to make sure you are doing the exercises in an order that works well for you or you may find a certain muscle group too fatigued to hit hard.

Hey Josh,

I experimented with a Full body program a while ago, and loved it.

I added a bunch of lean muscle in a few months.

With lots of compound movements I don't think you can go wrong. It's a good change from normal splits, and a great way to get past a plateau.

I'm thinking about trying a full body split three days a week. Anyone have any experience with this? (btw I used the good ole search function, which sucks).

What are your favorite tried and true, personally tested fully body splits like???

Josh, I haven't popped on here in awhile, and this was one of the first threads that I saw. I've been thinking about trying this myself (3 x per week full body). I think Daywalker used to do this. the HST. Let me know what you find.

Hey guys, I appreciate the advice and feedback.

Right now I'm looking for a laid out routine for a full body workout. I'm not sure at this point whether I'll do a full body or a 2 split. I went to the gym yesterday and was gonna just do an all around full body but my old habits took hold and I did legs, which was the next bodypart on my rotation. We'll see if I can find a routine convincing enough to drop my tried and true split program.

Personally I can't stand full body splits because I don't like working out when the muscle is still sore.

With full body work outs this can be an issue, but usually it's not that bad. I work out 3 times a week with a full body program, having 1-2 rest days between the training sessions. Usually I've recovered enough, but on my "pump weeks"(doing 15 reps) my body is on fire(and I must admit that I kind of like it) .