Leavenworth, WA

madcat

Sorry That's pretty much my whole memory of it. I know it's a really cute little town, but I'm not useful beyond that. My parents went through there recently and picked up some type of 'hard to find in America' german sausage they were all excited about because they hadn't had it since they moved back to the states....gross

• 2 weeks later...

Everything is booked up! I am so sad; I really had my heart set on this. Now I don’t know what to do. I could stay in Seattle and just drive to Leavenworth for the day, but it’s still an hour and a half drive each way from there. Plus if it’s that packed I’m not sure I want to go. Dose anyone have any suggestions for a Christmas weekend? Here are some things I’m thinking about…

Victoria B.C. (do they have any big Christmas things going on?)

San Juan Island (not Christmassy at all, but I might get to see killer whales... if it’s the right time of the year.)

Timber line (I don’t ski, and I will have my four year old with me so I don’t think I want to be stuck in the lodge.)

What else?

Well… I didn’t officially invite you till just now. But I have mentioned where and when we practice so the offer way just implied because you live in Portland. Same goes for Meg… if you’re here every other weekend that means you could be paddling every other Saturday.

Anyway if you two are interested, we practice Saturdays at 9am (not this Saturday because the boats are out for repair. But next week should be fine.) There is also a night practice but I think the days might be switching so I’m not even going to talk about it.

http://x.wasabiusa.org/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/normal_DSC00277.jpg

This is a pic from the world competition in Berlin this last summer… I wasn’t there by the way. A team is made up of 20 people. I think 13 people from team USA were from my boat house.

that is a dragon boat...it's fun.

Are you still moving to portland?

Me and my wife really like the Northwest and want to move back there (we used to live in Seattle), but we decided to stay in Florida for now due to educational and financial reasons. We're goign to see if we can move up there in a couple of years