Two good reasons to visit Ireland!!!!!

compassionategirl

http://www.worldveganday.org/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=451

I've always wanted to go to ireland (and new zealand and austria) because i have always pictured ireland (and new zealand where Xena was taped) to be lush - fields of lush green, with lambs roaming freely.

Well, the pic above is taken in ireland, and I never knew baby lambs can be so cute.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dinner and / or a sweater for some people though unfortunately.

and one of the people there say this, and I love it - great words:

"The world would be a much better place if we put as much energy into being kind as we do into being cruel."

i had a pet lamb... someone boosted it. that's pretty much all the details to that story.

maoris are native-ish polynesians in NZ the ate the mori-ori people who lived here first.

they look like hawaiians/samoans etc, kinda half asian half black.

i had a pet lamb... someone boosted it. that's pretty much all the details to that story.

maoris are native-ish polynesians in NZ the ate the mori-ori people who lived here first.

they look like hawaiians/samoans etc, kinda half asian half black.

where did you get him from? Where was his mum? What happened to the mum?

Ireland would be great to visit. I have always wanted to go to, but there is that whole airplane issue.

Are you afraid of flying too? I am SO freaked out on take off and stay that way until the plane lands and comes to a full stop. Seriously, I HATE flying. Very scary.

What are your fears precisely? For me, it isnt a terrorist attack or anything; it is the plane nose-diving due to engine failure or some other kind of failure. Or fire on board.

i think that it is pretty likely that we will be moving to the south west of ireland in about 2years time. in county kerry to be precise. its the most mountainous, remote, beautiful part of ireland. might be setting up a small communal living scheme with a few vegan friends. its all still on the drawing board though

jonathan

Are you afraid of flying too? I am SO freaked out on take off and stay that way until the plane lands and comes to a full stop. Seriously, I HATE flying. Very scary.

What are your fears precisely? For me, it isnt a terrorist attack or anything; it is the plane nose-diving due to engine failure or some other kind of failure. Or fire on board.

Not being in control is uncomfortable. But mostly I get severe motion sickness. I don't ride well as a passenger in a car either. I also have the worst time equalizing. Last time I flew I was sick for 5 days after, severe dizziness couldn't stand, which became a migrane for days. About the time I shook it off it was time to fly back out. Aweful, aweful time! When your so sick that you are throwing up your left lung in public and really couldn't care less who is watching, you are REALLY bad off.

i think that it is pretty likely that we will be moving to the south west of ireland in about 2years time. in county kerry to be precise. its the most mountainous, remote, beautiful part of ireland. might be setting up a small communal living scheme with a few vegan friends. its all still on the drawing board though

jonathan

ohhh now that is something I would consider. I may be yours and Kathryn's new flatmate or neighbour. Can you say "here comes trouble in stilletos"

Especially since Daywalker's and K-Oz's Spain idea fell through. maybe they will move to Ireland too.

Nice thread, CG, thanks for that

When it comes to animals, more like 6.

we cannot all be brainers like you Jza.

I like that

Especially since Daywalker's and K-Oz's Spain idea fell through. maybe they will move to Ireland too.

The idea didn't fell through - it was just postponed.

Ireland is great, and i wouldn't mind a holiday there, but it's too cold a country for me to live in. I guess there's a reason why all these northern countries have high rates of depression and suicide

I'm more of a sun addict.

awww..there must be lambs all over new zealand. obviously they are in danger???

CG - New Zealand is famed for it's lamb industry and the quality of its meat. It is exported all over the world, with significant imports to here in the UK. Yep, they are in great danger, coz they await a journey to the abattoir.

There are more lambs and sheep than they are people in New Zealand.

Hopefully I'm off to Ireland next August for a wedding. Never been to the Emerald Isle before, so I'll be up for the craic and some good ole Irish hospitality.

Never knew that about the SW corner before Jonathan. I'd always imagined the whole west coast would be pretty cold and windy from the Atlantic.

awww..there must be lambs all over new zealand. obviously they are in danger???

CG - New Zealand is famed for it's lamb industry and the quality of its meat. It is exported all over the world, with significant imports to here in the UK. Yep, they are in great danger, coz they await a journey to the abattoir.

There are more lambs and sheep than they are people in New Zealand.

Seeinf how I had never heard of the maoris before this thread, my question was about how widespread the "maoris menace" was to the "pet" lambs. Not about the NZ lamb industry in general.

Edited by compassionategirl

When it comes to animals, more like 6.

I like that

It's true. When the subject matter is animals, and especially if I am actually surrounded by animals, I'm like a lil 6 year old kid in a candy store! I am dazzled and excited and enchanted and in awe, etc etc.

Frankly, I think it is sad that as we get older, that child-like love for animals is conditioned by society to lessen, and eventually replaced altogether by a paradigm of "exploitation and cruelty."

Most (though by no means all) children are naturally drawn to animals. I think if humans gave their inner child free and glorious reign when it came to their relationship with animals, the world would be a much kinder, gentler place.

Corny, but true me thinks.