messed up

PORTLAND, Ore. - A bicyclist died Thursday in a collision with a loaded cement truck in downtown Portland.

The accident happened about 1:15 p.m. Thursday near the corner of West Burnside Street and 14th Avenue. Witnesses say the truck and cyclist, described as a young female, were both waiting for a light to change at the corner.

When the signal changed, the truck began to turn right onto Burnside and struck the cyclist, who was crossing the street. She was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police closed West Burnside Street in both directions between 12th and 15th Avenue while they worked at the scene of the incident.

The identities of the cyclist and truck driver have not been released.

http://www.katu.com/news/10479317.html

Sad news, I always hate to hear of cyclists being hit by irresponsible motorists.

I was hit by a car in a nearly identical situation; I was going straight across the street and the car on my left was turning right. Fortunately we were't going too fast and the collision itself didn't hurt me. When I hit the ground I dislocated my shoulder, but it could have been much worse.

:cry: We have to put a stop to irresponsible drivers

Do they have a bike route in Portland?

I was hit too, and I thank God everyday that I'm alive.

There are bikeroutes but basically the whole city is covered in bicyclists all the time.