If you had a time machine...

kollision

If you had a time machine, where would you go? Would you stay there? You also could either take an observational role, meaning you sit back and watch, or you can take an active role and actually live there.

I would like to sit back and watch the beginning of the universe (and anything prior to that) and watch life evolve. I would like to see how man became so corrupted from starting off with survival to becoming a tyrant. I would also like to see the giant animals as well as the huge insects and plant life. Also watch what ended the life of these animals? Which theory was correct, the asteroid? I would also like to see if these miracles in that past were really miracles or just things that couldn't be explained at the time. Like "Fire from the heavens" could probably just be asteroids. Or perhaps the Noahs Ark did have some truth to it, but it was a laboratory with genetic information, not really the animals itself. Would be cool.

Time machine?

I'd rather be able to beam me anywhere like the guys in star trek

I always thought i would have fitted into the earlier days (before industrial age) better, but that's probably not true. Being shortsighted, i would have had some problems without my glasses

But i'd like to speak to Jesus and see how it really was in his days. What was true and what is myth.

If i could choose, i wouldn't go for a time machine - i'd go for super powers Like, being able to go invisible, to walk through walls, to FLY, X-ray vision, super reflexes, teleportation, psychokinesis, ESP, super strength of course ...

Teleportation would do for the beginning, then i could just go everywhere on earth where i wanted without paying the airplane I'd visit you all! And i would save lots of time and fuel if i never had to drive anywhere again

Time machine?

I'd rather be able to beam me anywhere like the guys in star trek

I always thought i would have fitted into the earlier days (before industrial age) better, but that's probably not true. Being shortsighted, i would have had some problems without my glasses

But i'd like to speak to Jesus and see how it really was in his days. What was true and what is myth.

If i could choose, i wouldn't go for a time machine - i'd go for super powers Like, being able to go invisible, to walk through walls, to FLY, X-ray vision, super reflexes, teleportation, psychokinesis, ESP, super strength of course ...

Teleportation would do for the beginning, then i could just go everywhere on earth where i wanted without paying the airplane I'd visit you all! And i would save lots of time and fuel if i never had to drive anywhere again

Id like to go back to Jesus time too, would be cool. At the same time would probably be dangerous.

This is a time machine thread, but super powers sounds cool. Maybe youd want to make a seperate thread for that specifically?

You just listed like every power known to man! Choose one The teleportation would seem the most efficient. You can avoid danger, so no need the strength. You could save money on gas. Go anywhere you want, even places that haven't been explored yet. But what happens if you tele into someone else? Youd become a siamese twin!

This is a time machine thread, but super powers sounds cool. Maybe youd want to make a seperate thread for that specifically?

Okay, i'll do that

You just listed like every power known to man! Choose one

NO!

I only listed a few! I can think of dozens of other powers!

And i don't choose - i'd be grateful for every little super power

But what happens if you tele into someone else? Youd become a siamese twin!

No, i guess you'd die

So you have to make sure that doesn't happen by scanning the destination first

Okay, i'll do that Very Happy

I'll post what powers I want in there! I didn't wanna do it here cause might side track.

NO!

I only listed a few! I can think of dozens of other powers!

And i don't choose - i'd be grateful for every little super power Wink

What else could there be? Never getting hungry? hehe You named all the big ones

No, i guess you'd die Confused

So you have to make sure that doesn't happen by scanning the destination first Very Happy

Ahem....

Well see this makes sense if you have taken molecular chemistry as well as quantum physics. At the molecular level, molecules can bind together via fusion. If you were to teleport at the speed of light, this would create a gap in time, thereby leaving that gap in time at the point of exit (when you start teleporting) to the point of reentry (when you finish teleporting). If you were to come into contact on that same spot where a person is, the gap would stay open momentarily, and then the molecules would reorganize with the molecules of the person, thereby leading a fusion of the two organisms, which would create a siamese twin.

lol I made all that up. I havent taken either of those courses haha.

Or perhaps the Noahs Ark did have some truth to it, but it was a laboratory with genetic information, not really the animals itself.

Have you ever seen the television show "Science of the Bible"? You'd probably like this show. It's on National Geographic Channel. They pull up archaeological and other scientific evidence and try to explain how biblical stories may have occured, why they were interpreted as supernatural by people in the past, and how they can be interpreted with today's technology.

Here's teh website http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/scienceofbible/

Or perhaps the Noahs Ark did have some truth to it, but it was a laboratory with genetic information, not really the animals itself.

Have you ever seen the television show "Science of the Bible"? You'd probably like this show. It's on National Geographic Channel. They pull up archaeological and other scientific evidence and try to explain how biblical stories may have occured, why they were interpreted as supernatural by people in the past, and how they can be interpreted with today's technology.

Here's teh website http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/scienceofbible/

Wow I never heard of that show. I have analog cable, so it only goes up to 99. Sounds cool.

I heard from a friend that the area where Sodom and Gomorrah was is radioactive. So apparently, it is possible that the destruction that laid waste to Sodom and Gomorrah was none other than a nuclear blast. Maybe God used nuclear on them I don't know. Also, when Lots wife turned around, maybe that's why she died because of the blast?

I'd like to go back in time and see Atlantis and then ancient Egypt when the Sphinx was built (find out if there really is a hidden chamber). I would like to see Mars when it had Earth's atmosphere and see if the Moon was always dry with craters or if there was water that created some craters.

I might also like to go back and see how the universe was created (if I don't get annihilated when all the explosions start )

I'd like to go back in time and see Atlantis and then ancient Egypt when the Sphinx was built (find out if there really is a hidden chamber). I would like to see Mars when it had Earth's atmosphere and see if the Moon was always dry with craters or if there was water that created some craters.

I might also like to go back and see how the universe was created (if I don't get annihilated when all the explosions start )

Speaking of Atlantis, when the white guys first came to the Polynesian Islands, they thought that we were the decendants of the Atlanteans, and also the Egyptians . Dunno how they came up with that one Some thought we were the lost tribe of israel

But ya, Atlantis would be cool to see. Is'nt like one half of the moon totally banged up?